Another David Brown.

Don't want to keep banging on about D.B models but they were in the time of the real ones being produced few an far between as Sir David never gave license lightly to toy and model makers to produce any unless he commissioned them to and considering that I grew up with these tractors therein lies my interest and running the Devon branch of the club.

Anyway, here is yet another conversion, this one is a cut-down Dinky 990 Selectamatic turning it inti an 880 by fitting smaller tyres to reduce the height, modifying the casting to make it a fraction shorter and also the bonnet as an 880 was three cylinder, adding head and side lights and making a new exhaust and decals.

I hope the pics show it reasonably, difficult to photograph a white tractor with a cheap digi camera. :-[

880Conversion-1.jpg

880Conversion.jpg

uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

very nice

personaly i ratherd the white and red versions or the 90s 94s

i suppose you could make a 1190 (even put a loader on it)

with the right parts

any chance of seing thaT CONVO  next to a Elite or a scaledown 990

just for referance

Very nice PR, will you be making any more with a view to selling them? Not in a position to buy at the mo but would be a nice addition to my collection in the future.

I'd love to do some more but It's a job to find anything rough or good enough to use as a base, trouble is any D.B models seem to command fair money regardless of the condition and it's getting hold of the parts.

Don't realy do them to sell as I try to make each one different or to improve on previous builds. I am looking at one of those Ertl Implematic 990's to acertain weather I can turn it into an Oliver 500 which in the 'real' world was a re-liveried and badged 950 for the American market.  I wonder if Rick has ever come across any D.B Olivers on his side?

uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

very nice

personaly i ratherd the white and red versions or the 90s 94s

i suppose you could make a 1190 (even put a loader on it)

with the right parts

any chance of seing thaT CONVO  next to a Elite or a scaledown 990

just for referance

Don't know quite which one you're speaking of but here are two others.

The first is the one I think you mean.      It is a 1410 4WD converted from a Corgi 1412.

The second is a 'Highway' 1412, just another Corgi painted yellow with added front mudguards which could be a lot better.

14104WD-2.jpg

14104WD-1.jpg

14104WD.jpg

hHighway.jpg

I'd love to do some more but It's a job to find anything rough or good enough to use as a base, trouble is any D.B models seem to command fair money regardless of the condition and it's getting hold of the parts.

Don't realy do them to sell as I try to make each one different or to improve on previous builds. I am looking at one of those Ertl Implematic 990's to acertain weather I can turn it into an Oliver 500 which in the 'real' world was a re-liveried and badged 950 for the American market.   I wonder if Rick has ever come across any D.B Olivers on his side?

Thats a fair enough comment mate, I see what your saying. Good job you make them so well considering the shortage of parts and stuff, be awful to see someone using up rare parts and making a right hash job of it!!

Look forward to seeing more of your creations.  :)

I know what you mean, I bought several corgi David Brown 1412's off eBay a year and a half ago for no more than 3 or 4 pounds each, now I could sell them for easily for 20 pounds plus each. Its a shame they are bits awaiting conversion.

Good idea with the Dinky there, has inspired me to have a go.....maybe a bottle opener logo 995.

Never seen many DB a few but not many and dont know about DB Olivers but I know a guy who would......what I like is seeing some of the new members posting    exciting to see you all here..