Rotary Dungs Spreader Conversions.

Anyone done any rotospreader coversions?

Heres a couple that I did last winter. Green one is a Fraser. Two Britain's chopped and joined together.

and another just re-liveried and slightly altered into a Kidd. The wooden lip used to be an ice lolly stick.  8)

FraserSpreader.jpg

Look darn good to me!

You can't see the join!  :)

As said, pretty run-of-the-mill really. Looks like the second pic of the Kidd did'nt come through, I'll try it again.

KiddSpreader.jpg

Like the Kidd PR, I have done one as well but she needs decals. I wanted the later decals where it said 'sideflinger' along the lip underneath the wooden strip. Yours looks dandy  :)

That's the main problem, decals, What I do is find old colour brochures on implements/machinery with a good clear straight-on pic of the real decaling and scan them in, send them or copy to another programme to fiddle about to enhance, resize and generaly play about with and print the finishsd article off on shiny-ish label paper, takes a bit of experimenting to get them the right size but once you've got them right, save the end product to disc and hey presto, job done. Another way I do it is to visit manufacturers web-sites and look at the stuff there, sometimes you can create some good decals from there by saving the pics and then going through previous mentioned process.

The larger (within reason) and clearer the original you are scanning, the better quality you end up with.

If it comes out ok, heres an example:-

MF165Decal.jpg

Anyone done any rotospreader coversions?

Heres a couple that I did last winter. Green one is a Fraser. Two Britain's chopped and joined together.

and another just re-liveried and slightly altered into a Kidd. The wooden lip used to be an ice lolly stick.  8)

FraserSpreader.jpg

Hi powerrabbit how did you manage to join the two spreaders together?What type of glue did you use as i can't find the right one to use can you help.

Hi Scamp.

Glue the joints with a good strong industrial strength superglue. You get a stronger model if you can stagger the joints, when set rub down the surfaces and fill any noticeable grooves with putty filler which you can get from any motor parts shop in a tin which is used to fill and smooth digs and scratches on car panels and rub down to a even smooth finish, this filler helps when you paint the model as some paints react with the glue and will show up the joint again.

As said, pretty run-of-the-mill really. Looks like the second pic of the Kidd did'nt come through, I'll try it again.

KiddSpreader.jpg

nice mate, what colour blue have you used for that?? and where did the decals come from

as for the fraser, i have seenthose for sale befoe at toytrac, last couple of years, look identical, the same guy also did marshal versions

Tractorman810.

The blue for the Kidd spreader I mixed myself to the right shade from Humbrol paint small tins and hand-painted with a soft artists brush, you don't get any brush marks then providing you don't put the paint on too thick, I hand-paint all my projects. The decals are taken from period brochures that I have collected over the years, I knew they would be usefull one day, scan the relevent picture of the decal in the brochure and put it through a picture editing prog on the computer and re-sise to requirement and print off on shiny-ish label paper, cut it out, apply to model, job done.

As regards the Fraser, I know that there have been some done by professionals although I have never seen any down this way, I was told that there was one at Farmer Gile's a few years ago for ?65, that's why I built mine.

If you are looking for specific decals, look through the farming mags, advertising brochures etc, it's surprising what you can find. If I can find it, I will post a Kidd 'decal' here later on, you will probably be able to extract it.

i would suggest that the seller of the fraser and marshall spreaders was probably S.D. Frater, who also makes fraser, west and marshall trailers.

no wasnt him mate, s d fratter was on the other side of the hall on the same table as g&m, he always si, and it wasnt marked as his work either, just had a lable on the box stating what it was, and i think the seller/makers  name to, but for the life of me cant remember who,

cheers mate, tris wil prob be after that to,for his kidd spreader he did a while back,

as for the marshals ect, they were at toytrac, but deff not 65 quid, from memory they wanted 40 for the marshal ones i saw,they had there own boxes ect to

Here is the created Kidd decal(s) if you can extract it.

Dungspreader.jpg

Nice one  :) I will have to have a go at this on the newer ones. Here PR, do you have nay brochures for Kidd machinery? I am not after collecting them but some good images of the later sidefligers would be great if you had them.

Nice one  :) I will have to have a go at this on the newer ones. Here PR, do you have nay brochures for Kidd machinery? I am not after collecting them but some good images of the later sidefligers would be great if you had them.

Sorry mate, still looking myself. That one came from the roller brochure, I put it through my computer prog and added 'sideflinger' in text to the blue background.