Britains Powerfarm Ford TW problems.

NCC

Ok ,so we're all agreed that if the TW or COUNTY stops running , the chances are pliers on the shaft is a way of solving it . what if the jag is seized ? any quick fix for that one anybody ? :)

little harder, ,you'll need to pop it apart, i had to with mine and the tr96 to, easy enough to do mind, both my motors ran it was actually the contacts from the motor to the leads that didnt touch, so i wedged a bit of copper between each as they are very fine and they now work

Im sure the same fix that I posted earlier in the topic would work on the combine and forager, simply spray WD 40 on to the motor throught a hole somewhere, and put the thing in drive with the power on and then turn the driven wheels this should release the motor. It works on the tractor, but neither my combine or forager have stopped working, so I havent had to do it to those. :)

You guys have all been lucky with these power farms and the pto/pliers and wd40 trick I have 2 tw's and a county I had to split them all as the contacts on the motors had corroded and this was the only option They now all work. I did learn one thing from this though, If you have a mint boxed power farm TW 35 that does not work leave it well  alone as my cab cracked and ruined the value of my model by about 40 pounds and putting a repro cab on will spoil it even more. :'(

• 2 weeks later...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Im new to this place just read thread, confiscated the tw of my son sprayed wd40 in it and shes a runner ,yipee he aint getting it back now ,seams to have chewed the cog on the back axle though is this worth trying to fix or is it best left alone thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 9 years later...