Holly Farm

Thank you  :) I need to find something that will emulate chicken wire, though - otherwise the fox will have these is no time :-[ - any ideas?

I used some insect mesh you get from most Ironmongers Mandy... for a fence that is... but it may well suffice as chicken wire as well... you can kind of... bend it.. out of shape if that makes sense  :-\

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how nice to see a display of something other than 60 tractors in one 2 acre field  :D :D :D

really is a good well thought of scene , thanks mandy , enjoyed looking at that  :)

Thank you mjb - a case of necessity really - I don't have a big enough space for 6 tractors, let alone 60!  :)

how nice to see a display of something other than 60 tractors in one 2 acre field  :D :D :D

really is a good well thought of scene , thanks mandy , enjoyed looking at that  :)

indeed Marcus, never can figure that out :D :D

Nice country scene layout you have yourself there. The use of Floral Garden is great, I have few bits and have been tempted by many others but untill I get to the stage of house building I will resist. The Ford Anglia is a peach as well, my Mum learn't to drive in one of them!!!  :D

The rabbits have moved in at Holly Farm:

Rabbits.jpg

Grandma and Grandad haven't seemed to have noticed though - too busy admiring their new flower beds I expect:

FrontGarden.jpg

And an outside tap was installed this week:

Outsidetap.jpg

Builders are moving in at the weekend, as the Market Garden has just purchased some more land for the greenhouses...

very good mandy  :P :P have lots of my stuff now the green house was cheap but it has no door came with two window ends :(:D have you any bird tables going cheap ??? ??? love the rabbits and the dove cot and the sun dial . nice clear pictures :) :)

very good mandy  :P :P have lots of my stuff now the green house was cheap but it has no door came with two window ends :(:D have you any bird tables going cheap ??? ??? love the rabbits and the dove cot and the sun dial . nice clear pictures :) :)

Thanks Old Ford - I really appreciate your encouragement, especially with this being my first attempt at a layout.

I have bird tables, but (ignoring any possible awful jokes or puns!) they only go cheap if they are without birds. I expect that you would have noticed on eBay that the birds fetch high prices and are difficult to come by. Glad you managed to get a greenhouse - I expect the missing parts will come along amongst other things you bid on in due course, and if not I can always see if I have anything of use.

;)

Holly Farm has now been moved to a larger site - in readiness for the market garden. And the council have even made up the road:

HollyFarmBungalowMakeover.jpg

The elevated position of the bungalow gives Mr and Mrs R as good view of the surrounding farmland:

HollyFarmBungalowMakeover270307.jpg

A there's even a nice, comfy step for Beckham the cat:

HollyFarmBungalowStep2703072.jpg

And Gervase is helping with the river diversion with his backhoe (well, I really don't have much in the way of farm machinery compared with you guys, but you have to try, don't you  :))

HollyFarmBungalowMakeover2703072.jpg

Loads more to do until we're ready for planting vegetables - I spent an hour making 1/32 potatoes! And can anyone please tell me what sort of equipment I'm going to need? :-\

Archived