Holly Farm

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for harvesting?? or planting etc.

tattie harvester, now depends how big you want it, i'd prob try and get hold of a Ransomes Faun one that britains did, would look good on the back of an old MF or Ford on your display, best place is ebay i guess ;)

or one like this

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7197.0

for planting, again either the old britains setrite or the new siku grimme

Thank you Scott. The other version was only temporary, as I had to use the table for my packing. Now I have a permanent site - so there's not stopping me now!!!  :D

Now, I feel really guilty about not have sent you cow pictures - will do tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

Mandy

Thanks Scott

I scanned in a couple of the pond cards - duplicated them to cover an A4 sheet and then printed them on high gloss photo paper so I got the reflection. Oh and I also cut an FG pond into bits for the rocks at the edge (travesty I hear you say!) - it was a really tatty one with lots of melt marks on it  :)

Thanks Scott

I scanned in a couple of the pond cards - duplicated them to cover an A4 sheet and then printed them on high gloss photo paper so I got the reflection. Oh and I also cut an FG pond into bits for the rocks at the edge (travesty I hear you say!) - it was a really tatty one with lots of melt marks on it  :)

What a great idea for the water, would have never of thought to do that. And as for the pond another belter and if it was damaged it's a great way to give it a new lease on life.

just mound up the road either side, about 100mm away from the stream edge and let the field side ramp blend into the ground. place a piece of guttering maybe, oval/semi circular?? as the structure and cover the rest in like railway builders do??.....i say all this but i've never done it :D

yeah you need something shallow, kinda like an oval shape so it doesnt stick up to much :-\. i think they do it that way, then fill in the gaps with papermashe (how ever you spell it ::)), then stick the railway scatter stuff on?

for my hill Mandy i use paper and plaster paris got it off ebay they use chicken wire underneath theres. :)

thats what i was looking for!! :D :D....i knew it had been done, it allows you more freedom to mould to shape then to get good contours ;)

Will have a look in one of the barns - bound to be something resembling a piece of pipe underneath all the junk somewhere! As for papermache - I thought I'd got myself into enough mess today with scatter grip glue everywhere (it stays tacky and only seems removable with white spirit!) - I shall definately have fun with a bucket of wall-paper paste and newspaper!  :D

Finally Holly Farm market garden is open for business:

FarmEntrance.jpg

The team bought some instant-growing purple sprouting:

Greenhouses.jpg

And quickly set to work planting and cultivating:

Gloches.jpg

Farmer Ben had recommended a fast-growing potato crop:

ImplementStore.jpg

FarmWideShot.jpg

And down the road Farmer Old Ford had helped with the new chicken wire:

ChickenWire.jpg

Archived