Rarer Model tractors.

powerrabbit

Hi all.  A short while ago I mentioned that amongst my model tractor collection there were some rarer ones. I say rarer in as much as you don't often see them and when you do they seem to make serious money in auctions, on Ebay and rarely turn up at toy fairs. Unfortunately the examples that I have do not have boxes and those that do will be pictured with the box.

Some of you said that you would like to see some of these so I shall proceed to post pictures of those that I concider rarer models and for those of you that have not seen an example of these tractors before may perhaps inspire you to look out for some, especially if you are into the really old and unusual, so here goes and your comments would be appreciated.

This first one is a E27N Major made by Crescent and produced between 1949 to 1961.

This one has it's original Land Army girl driver. The tractor was also supplied in sets with a hay rake, trailer and disc harrow.

CrescentE27N.jpg

This tractor is pretty unusual and I have never seen one before.

It is what I would call 'non-descript' as it does'nt seem to represent any recognisable tractor. It is all diecast including the wheels, look at the second pic and you will see the weird winding coil spring and drive mechanism to power it along, ther should be a small key to wind it that fits on the square shaft at the front. It does not steer as the axle is fixed.

This tractor was made in England by Kondor in 1948.

KondorWind-UP.jpg

KondorWind-UP-1.jpg

Nice tractors there mate,and nice to see some unusaual ones for a change.

I am also glad I looked because in my ebay find which I have posted elsewhere today,there is a trailer chassis which I couldn't identify.

It has the same wheels as the ones on your crescent tractor so it must be made by the same firm.

Thanks for helping me . ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple more of what I consider are rarer tractors from my collection.

This first one is interesting, although it is not very appealing at first sight being an odd colour and made entirely from plastic but on a more concidered second thinking there is a bit more to it.

Made in Hong kong, as it says underneath, it represents a Fordson Power Major with front-end loader and fork. This tractor in actual fact is a copy of a Corgi model that supposedly was never produced.

I have a boxed Corgi set of the Power Fordson Major & (blue) 4 furrow plough (gift set 13. 1964 to 1966) and on the back of the box gives details of the other gift sets of agricultural toys in this series and on the list is, 'No 39, Fordson Power Major & Fork'. I have tried but have found no other reference to this one.

If I had not spotted this reference on the Corgi box I would have never gave this one a second glance.

PowerMajorLoader-1.jpg

This second one  is a Licoln Toys Massey Harris and is around 1/18th in scale and is quite a good detailed model with working loader and scoop. It is in the same condition as I found it at the last Toytrac event but was minus the exhaust and air cleaner so I duly made replacements for it. Made I think around 1958 to 1962.

MasseyHarris.jpg

Here are a couple more of what I consider are rarer tractors from my collection.

This first one is interesting, although it is not very appealing at first sight being an odd colour and made entirely from plastic but on a more concidered second thinking there is a bit more to it.

Made in Hong kong, as it says underneath, it represents a Fordson Power Major with front-end loader and fork. This tractor in actual fact is a copy of a Corgi model that supposedly was never produced.

I have a boxed Corgi set of the Power Fordson Major & (blue) 4 furrow plough (gift set 13. 1964 to 1966) and on the back of the box gives details of the other gift sets of agricultural toys in this series and on the list is, 'No 39, Fordson Power Major & Fork'. I have tried but have found no other reference to this one.

If I had not spotted this reference on the Corgi box I would have never gave this one a second glance.

PowerMajorLoader-1.jpg

This second one  is a Licoln Toys Massey Harris and is around 1/18th in scale and is quite a good detailed model with working loader and scoop. It is in the same condition as I found it at the last Toytrac event but was minus the exhaust and air cleaner so I duly made replacements for it. Made I think around 1958 to 1962.

MasseyHarris.jpg

This is "Blue Box"...as you say from HK, I have some boxed items like this.

Here is a fairly rare example of the Cresent fordson dexta tractor. Im not sure if I posted an image of this before or not. Picked this up at Spalding last time around.

I'm now aware of there being the standard blue colour, the very rare orange, and now the rare? red.

post-2-132638577876_thumb.jpg

That Crescent Dexta of yours Andy is an unusual colour, I've looked in the Ramsey's guide and all it says about these is 'various colours'. I have certainly never seen an orange one.

Apparently this Norscot 1/16th Claas Challenger is very rare now although it was released only about 4 years ago, my nephew who works in a local Claas dealership as a fitter got this one from Claas U.K when he went up on a training course, very useful chap. There was a Cat liveried one as well, Claas did theirs under liscense. This one came in a Cat box. 8)

ClaasChallenger.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here are 3 more from my collection that are said to be rather rare.

Zetor Crystal. All plastic but really good in detail.

ZetorCrystal.jpg

Old Cars Fiat 640. One of these on Ebay made good money the other day.

Fiat640.jpg

A Holder 'bendy-in-the-middle' tractor.

Holder.jpg