claas dominator

Made this up out of an old country life set. I didn't need an acre eating combine and was struggling to find something from the late 80's early 90's so I painted this up made a header trailer and done a bit of work indoors in the cab and made it so that the header goes on and off. Struggling with some decals at the moment, I think it is a dominator 96 but i'm not quite sure :-\ I have straightened up the flashing orange beacon since i took the photo's it must have got caught on a low bough. :) :)

post-586-132638575522_thumb.jpg

post-586-132638575524_thumb.jpg

No the cab didn't come glazed mate, I made one for it. :) :)Thanks for your comments Nick.

No problems mate you've made a great job of it. I especially like the window aswell as it really makes the combine look more realistic.

A few more questions .... How long ago did you buy it or did you buy it today? And do you or anyone else know the age of this as i've got one on my shelf from since i was around 4 or 5 and i am 14 now. Me and my friend both had one they came in green and red i believe ... is this the same set?

Yes I expect you have Ben, I saw one to-day for ?7.99 and also the forage harvester set was there to for the same price.

i think your answer may be here Nick ;) ;)...watch out for Beetie the Snitchie though :D :D ::)

No Nick I never purchased it to-day, I bought this for my youngest son Tom and he must have been four at the time and he is nearly 12 so they have been out sometime and there were some red ones too as I can remember my other son having a red one.

No Nick I never purchased it to-day, I bought this for my youngest son Tom and he must have been four at the time and he is nearly 12 so they have been out sometime and there were some red ones too as I can remember my other son having a red one.

Yeah i did think they were pretty similar ... thanks for the info mate and once again well done with it  ;)

the colour is not quite the right match but she will dull off in the shed ;) thanks sean there are two in the shop near me if any body wants one i will get it for them no probs

going into model conversions now graham another great job

just needed an older style combine for the layout mike

Nice one Graham, I must look out for one of those Claas machines next time I'm out.

you need one garrett with your user name fella :D :D

Looks really effective mate......Well done......Tunred a fairly cheap model into a nice piece for the collection...... :) :) :);)

thats what i thought nh2 thanks :D

got a green one in the room upstairs & a red one in the shop up the road, & lots of paint in the shed , maybe sunday isn't going to be as boring as it thought  ;D

what gets me is that the red set in the shop contains a combine , tractor,tanker & trailer , few fences & a few animals , all for ?15  ,& these seta have been around for years & yet the tims was far more detail for less money  :-\

the colour is not quite the right match but she will dull off in the shed ;) thanks sean there are two in the shop near me if any body wants one i will get it for them no probs

just needed an older style combine for the layout mike you need one garrett with your user name fella :D :D thats what i thought nh2 thanks :D

I know Graham, must get my hands on one. I've lot's of claas stuff but no early claas combines :'( :'( I know a local toy shop has a few of those sets in stock.

• 3 weeks later...

what brand is this ? Looks really good Graham

It's a New Ray combine harvester .... the green one comes in a 20 piece set with the combine, header, corn, some farmers, wheelbarrow etc. For about ?7.99. There in a few toy shops and woolies been around for a while now  :)