MODEL OF THE MOMENT... The Britains 2680 ~ and the real deal

Marky,

Silly question time.

At some point i am looking to convert a Britains 2680 to a two wheel drive 2640. Given the use of the later style of side decals ie those without the raised 'MF', what would be the correct chassis colour ?

From the picture you posted of the later 2680 it would be slate grey rather than the metalic grey Britains used.

and, second question, was the two wheel drive version still around at the time of this update ?

Adrian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marky,

Silly question time.

At some point i am looking to convert a Britains 2680 to a two wheel drive 2640. Given the use of the later style of side decals ie those without the raised 'MF', what would be the correct chassis colour ?

From the picture you posted of the later 2680 it would be slate grey rather than the metalic grey Britains used.

and, second question, was the two wheel drive version still around at the time of this update ?

Adrian

Well Aiden... my initial response if that the facelift models had the darker grey (brownish) chassis... it was only the first version that was given a stonleigh grey engine and tranny.... HOWEVER... I will check it out for deninate... The seconds question is a definate yes... they were available in 2wd from the 2620 to the 2680  ;) (and that I have just checked)

I am 99.9% sure on the paint... but I will confirm that when I get home tonight (yes... the life of a fruiterer is never easy lads... I am at work on a Sunday  :'( :'( )

markys is right there, only the early versions had the high bonnet decals and grey chassis, later had the straight decal versions and dark charcoal chassis,

i have done a 4wd in the early version, and i have near as finished a revamp of my 2640 2wd i have to an early version, with new cab ect fitted, as the first was pretty por to say the least

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...