3350 Improved?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously, that look amazing, I'll send you mine over to do. How about fitting 'glass' to the cab to make her look finnished? I found that the plastic front from the siku model boxed works well but you have to be carefull how you attach it and make sure that the glue does'nt mark the plastic.

Keep it up mate. You've made me and possibly others that they do need re spraying! 8) 8)

Have you got any pictures or details of how you changed the front axle and where you got the new one from, who and how much? I'm looking to do mine over the summer. I will show you how mine turns out with glass inside.

Keep it up, looking great.

Also, could you post a pic of the interior please?

;D ;D ;) ;) :D :D :o :o

best way to glaze the cab is use normal revell or ?? model glue, to fix it, takes a bit longer to go off, and you'll prob need to clamp the bits in place with that curve, but its worth it, and that stuff wont "frost" the plasti card either 

That look so god damn sexy  :o:-*:-* Im in love now,

About the platruc clear card, i use 0.4mm clear its good, thick but flexable for a ford cab, i got mine from my local model shop, any model shop that has plastruct can get it for you

Hi Tm810, If you don't mind me asking, where can you get clear plastic for glazing and what thickness will do the bend on the curved windscreens ???:-\

have you got a laminater ? i just laminate a sleeve & cut & bend to shape , mind you i've also used tic-tac boxes as well :-\

I have a pile of laminating sheets here waiting to be fitted.

Great minds think alike and all that!! I have also used the front of siku boxes, the clear bit obviously!  ;D

shame you worked that bit out , would have been good  to see though  :D :D :D :D

Been down the shed this evening and she hasn't moaned either :o :o

Fitted the mirrors - Thanks Paul, parcel arrived today.

Fitted cab worklights

Fitted rear lights & sidelights

Painted the above items.

Nearly done now, just got a problem with decals, Henri Walker not recieved letter/payment yet. I might try and fit old decals until that gets sorted out.

Hi Tm810, If you don't mind me asking, where can you get clear plastic for glazing and what thickness will do the bend on the curved windscreens ???:-\

any good model shop should have some in mate, i usally use .5mm thick depending on whats its fitting to, you can get slightly thinner if needed, or as marcus said lamator sheeets works to

Well I've finally finished (I think)  ;D ;D

Decals arrived today and a few more little bits done. I reckon I'll leave this one unglazed but I might try it on the next one, I fancy doing a 2wd 3140. I've got a doner 4020, decals and some other bits lined up already - Hope the Mrs dont read this!

post-764-132638589399_thumb.jpg

post-764-132638589402_thumb.jpg