Photographing Board

FW

FW, don't want to be critical mate but your corner post struts for the fence need to be a bit higher, just under the top strand of wire and notched into the upright and put in the 'ground' halfway to the adjacent post. Went to college years ago to learn that! You've given everyone big ideas now.  ;D

Just a little powerrabbit! :D No I've always been taught to balance them out, so not to high, but not too low, so you get a good grip on it. We also use up-rights rather than stakes with wedges into the ground to hold, overwise there is only a point to rot, and the fence is knackerred. On the other side of the wedge, we always put in a stake, so that it definatly can't slip, regardless of the distance. That's also how us and the winners did it at the Royal Show fence erecting final last summer.  ;)

Just a little powerrabbit! :D No I've always been taught to balance them out, so not to high, but not too low, so you get a good grip on it. We also use up-rights rather than stakes with wedges into the ground to hold, overwise there is only a point to rot, and the fence is knackerred. On the other side of the wedge, we always put in a stake, so that it definatly can't slip, regardless of the distance. That's also how us and the winners did it at the Royal Show fence erecting final last summer.  ;)

Like these struts are doing nothing! ;):D :D

post-409-132638586489_thumb.jpg

If you have erected fencing in competition then perhaps I'm trying to teach Granny to suck eggs. I know that in different areas there are different methods, down here there is so much rock in the ground that you have to place the struts and the stakes for that matter wherever you gan get them in. I do know that if you do put the struts in too steep an angle, when you strain the wire, the corner stake or post has a tendency to lift out of the ground :P

If you have erected fencing in competition then perhaps I'm trying to teach Granny to suck eggs. I know that in different areas there are different methods, down here there is so much rock in the ground that you have to place the struts and the stakes for that matter wherever you gan get them in.  :P

:D That's quite alrite. Yes you would be right, as it is down to the soil and your personal preferance. ;)

looks great will, cant beat a good background for taking pics etc, looks so much more realistic.

Yeah looks realy good, looks alot better than all the stuf on the back of your desk a ;D

Love the idea will i mite have to pinch it

What a superb idea... and a cracking example as well..... well done Wil... that is exactly what I need for taking pics of my models as well... Many thanks for walking us all through it mate...

I will have a go at that at the weekend I think... thanks once again Will... I love it  ;):o

What a superb idea... and a cracking example as well..... well done Wil... that is exactly what I need for taking pics of my models as well... Many thanks for walking us all through it mate...

I will have a go at that at the weekend I think... thanks once again Will... I love it  ;):o

Cheers Marky.....you get it done? Sorry if I've missed the topic, I've been away for the weekend.  :)

Ideal Will, just the job that. A nice little corner you have made yourself there and it serves it's purpose well.  :)

Thanks Tris. Am now thinking along the lines of an arable sort of scene maybe. :-\