Conversions Of Vans For Tractor Service.

Been looking around the postings at vans liveried as 'tractor service' vehicles but seems that all you out there hav'nt done many. It's a bit hard to find any in an equal scale to the tractors especially older period vans, put a Vanguards/Lledo Ford Pop (the blue and orange one or green and brown one) up to a Corgi and it's about right as 1/43rd scale vans are plentiful. The difficulty is in finding these vans in 1/32nd. I know that there are vans, Transits mainly, from Britain's, the late Corgi vans can be found in 1/35th scale which are acceptable.

I have five tractor service vans in my collection of which only one is my own creation. I Will get the camera out and post some pics.

Oh, and by the way, production tractor service vans are very hard to come by as not many were made, so if you have any, hang on to them.

Here are three production tractor service vans. (Vanguard/Lledo. Morris Minor Corgi)

ServiceVans.jpg

This Austin A40 was done by the D.B. Club. (Vanguards)

DavidBrownServiceVan.jpg

This last one, a 1959 Morris LD 150 was about the right colour so I made up the decals, not perfect by any means, will do better ones for it sometime, promise. (City Models)

DavidBrownVan.jpg

Nice vans there mate......I've got the Vanguards Fordson Service Van MIB and it is a nicel wee model...... :) :) :);)

Thanks chaps.

I presume the one you got NH is the orange and blue one. This one, as you know was a limited edition which does come up on Ebay from time to time and usually makes a decent price. The rarer one to find is the Somerfeild (or something like that name) orange and blue one, these are a bit better as they have steering but make a lot more but they are around. The 'Appleyard' Nuffield Morris Minor is fairly common and can be found at boot sales and toy fairs pretty regularly. The Ausin A40 David Brown van has long since gone now as they only did them for a short time around 1999.

Thanks chaps.

I presume the one you got NH is the orange and blue one. This one, as you know was a limited edition which does come up on Ebay from time to time and usually makes a decent price. The rarer one to find is the Somerfeild (or something like that name) orange and blue one, these are a bit better as they have steering but make a lot more but they are around. The 'Appleyard' Nuffield Morris Minor is fairly common and can be found at boot sales and toy fairs pretty regularly. The Ausin A40 David Brown van has long since gone now as they only did them for a short time around 1999.

Yes it's the Orange and Blue one I have mate......Stays in its box and only comes out for pics sometimes...... :)

Came across it by accident and tought I had to add it to the collection...... :) :) ;)

Nice one Finn. Only trouble is that here in the U.K you would have a bit of trouble getting it around the roads and through field gateways.

Here where I am my smallest field is 2 acres and the gateway is 6 feet. Most farmers have widened their gateways to 12 or 14 feet but most are 10 feet but we still have difficulty getting more modern equipment into fields as the roads are only 8 foot 6 inches which does'nt give you much 'swing'.

I made a service van for my local New Holland dealers a while ago used the white Britains transit van and two of the dealers " supplied by decals ". Cut the decals up and applied to sides and rear doors to give the Farm Services name and logo and all the 4 branches and their phone numbers too. Put the New Holland logos on bonnet and rear doors. Will need to do a new one some time soon though as they have changed name to Raven Hill Farm Services now. Will try posting pictures when I get the hang of new camera  :)

I see that there is someone selling some Transits on Ebay, 1/43rd scale white right-hand drive, buy-it-now price of ?14.99 FOR FIVE, post ?5 and a few odd pence. Are they worth a punt?