jd scrap removing from the shed

guys been pondering over a shed full of jd chassis from jobs i have done, and came up with this, 2 options although i have to say prefer the later version(newer bonnet shape) , looks nice and compact to me,what do you recon?? like i say only testing it out for disposal of bits really hence the highness of the new arches on it,

if its wrong just say, only mucking arround with them 

testjd1.jpg

testjd2.jpg

testjd3.jpg

Either looks fine to me Sean but remember the first one can only be a 3130 and they have Hydraulic Assit Four wheel drive  ;)

so they did do a 4wd one that shape then??? mmm didnt know that, like i say partial to the second one for some reason, ,bonnet and arches came of a bent 3140 ertl chassis,still got a fair bit of work to do on it though

Hey Mate,

looks good I think! I like that. Where do you can get a cab like this?

the cab came from pdc on here although you can also get them from walkerparts@planet.nl

they are on page 29 of his book at 14.50 euros, although thats a oldish book i have

so they did do a 4wd one that shape then??? mmm didnt know that, like i say partial to the second one for some reason, ,bonnet and arches came of a bent 3140 ertl chassis,still got a fair bit of work to do on it though

the cab came from pdc on here although you can also get them from walkerparts@planet.nl

they are on page 29 of his book at 14.50 euros, although thats a oldish book i have

Pretty sure they did Sean but then I'm no JQ fan  :D :D

I like the latter Sean, the farmer who has long since packed up due to youn oafs knocking his stacks of flat eights over and filling his old MF415 grain tank with apples. ...  ::)

. .. .. had a 2140 with a cab like this on, I remember it because it had a yellow roof. Looks just that shape you have got yourself there.  :) 2wd with a red loader on it (Farmco??) like what they had in them oldun days would be right good!!

Either looks good Sean, thought the mudguards will prob need to be toned down a bit if the cab door is to have any chance of opening ;D ;D Thanks for the info about the cab, I didn't know you could get them, I've been trying to think of the best way to construct one for ages. Don't worry about the 4wd, sure it could be some oddball continental conversion... in fact why not leave the cab off altogether and save yourself that expense?

Either looks good Sean, thought the mudguards will prob need to be toned down a bit if the cab door is to have any chance of opening ;D ;D Thanks for the info about the cab, I didn't know you could get them, I've been trying to think of the best way to construct one for ages. Don't worry about the 4wd, sure it could be some oddball continental conversion... in fact why not leave the cab off altogether and save yourself that expense?

Could only do this with the 30 series version though James  ;)

Looks good sean id take either one iven tho the second one could be a 2040 i recon, if you can do it to a 2040 ill take it as my father inlaw has one,

Nice to see you branching out and not just mocking jds

would get a cast of the rear wings and that 3350 bonnet . looks like a few people want either one?

when i get round to it i will cast the arches and bonnnets, the arches just screw back onto the 4020's origonal fixing points, so easy to do

It looks good so far Sean. But a JQ made by you, it feels a little bit strange ehh ??? ??? :D :D ;)

it does feel weird mate, not my usal thing i must say, but i hate to throw stuff out, and i cant think of any other use for the jd chassis to be honest