FM'S TRUCKS

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll know this Stephen. Mine are all tucked away in the shed so can't check.

Are the dual wheels on the NR trucks just 2 of the front wheels turned round and stuck on the same axle - as the old Britains lorries - or are they completely different items?

The question is really, could I pinch a pair of wheels off a trailer unit and turn them round and stick another front axle under a tractor unit?

Best get the staps first and mind all of those ESB and telephone wires 

Nice job there Stephen

thanks mate this load not going too far yet  :D

You'll know this Stephen. Mine are all tucked away in the shed so can't check.

Are the dual wheels on the NR trucks just 2 of the front wheels turned round and stuck on the same axle - as the old Britains lorries - or are they completely different items?

The question is really, could I pinch a pair of wheels off a trailer unit and turn them round and stick another front axle under a tractor unit?

think i understand you Simon the front wheels of the tractor unit are different from the rears and those on the trailer  ;)

Bugger, so to make an 8 wheel rigid I have to rob a front axle from another truck. N'er mind. Unless I could find some sexy super singles somewhere. Nice alliteration.... ;)

oh no simon i think its a case you can rob me then i,ll rob you i have a set but you can get your own axle  :D :D

Hmmmm, getting complicated but just might work  ;)

I want to do a Countrywide feed bulker to go with a dairy farm diorama [still in planning at the mo but it will happen one day!] They run a nice fleet of Volvo's with Bulkrite bodies on.

Hmmmm, getting complicated but just might work  ;)

I want to do a Countrywide feed bulker to go with a dairy farm diorama [still in planning at the mo but it will happen one day!] They run a nice fleet of Volvo's with Bulkrite bodies on.

sounds the job i cant even get any volvo's  :o