Case Maxxum 5130 Conversion.....FINISHED!!!

This is not the finnished tractor may I stress! ;)

Have been thinking of doing this for a while now and finally found a chance the other night to make a start at last and need some opinions. Personally I think the cab isn't taking the roof too well and looks too big, however I think the chasis looks right, but not too sure. It is still very much a working progress please bare in mind and needs the wings sorting out and a paint job, but thought I'd see what everyone else thought.....would my best bet be to put the McCormick back together and forget about it? :-\ Please let me know what you think. :)

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will, i like it ... your best bet by no way is to put the McCormick back together. I like it think it looks great alot of work put into it and those small details will make it look super. Grand job mate keep us posted on what you do  ;)

Cheers Nick, that was the way I was thinking....especially as the McCormick was cheap. Will be a while to I get them done like my chain harrows, as I just can't seem to find the time at the moment to do much at the moment other than farming or working for my gcse's, but I will finish them all.....someday. ;)::):D

Better just add....here's what I want it to look like when completed. :-\

DSC00703.jpg

Cheers Nick, that was the way I was thinking....especially as the McCormick was cheap. Will be a while to I get them done like my chain harrows, as I just can't seem to find the time at the moment to do much at the moment other than farming or working for my gcse's, but I will finish them all.....someday. ;)::):D

Better just add....here's what I want it to look like when completed. :-\

DSC00703.jpg

Wow looking at the picture it looks even better, to be honest i thought the chassis was a bit big but it looks pretty much spot on in the pic  :) And i know mate, i keep having ideas of things to do but just no enough time ... im sure you'll find a good solid working slot  ;)

If you want my crit, the 5130 looks real  squat and aggressive. :)

Chain harrows in wheat? :o

Cheers John. As for the harrows in the wheat, I was getting back to my Grandads yard last Saturday night, as you can probably see in the background who weren't too far from the field I was working in. ;)

looking good so far mate, if your worried about the cab top, looking to big???? why not cut it in half and reduce its width a bit, make it sit better on the cab shell

Cheers, glad you encouraged me to do it in a previous thread about maing one.....any sugestions on how to reduce the size of the cab? :-\

Looks great Will...by all means do keep it as it is. Just add a few proper lights to the front of the roof and hey presto  :);)

Cheers Tim, I know there is still a lot to do, but should pay off. :-\

Cheers, glad you encouraged me to do it in a previous thread about maing one.....any sugestions on how to reduce the size of the cab? :-\

pop the balck bit of, and cut it down the center front to back, then file it down till the 2 half look right together on the cab frame, prob the best way, glue fill and paint to finish, that way you keep the shapes on the sides and front/back all being well

pop the balck bit of, and cut it down the center front to back, then file it down till the 2 half look right together on the cab frame, prob the best way, glue fill and paint to finish, that way you keep the shapes on the sides and front/back all being well

Cheers will try that next weekend, though the width isn't really the problem, it's more the length, as the red should stop at the end of the cab. Oh and what filler do you use? ???

Don't stop now FW :o That looks like a great model in the making. If you can get the roof right like TM810 suggests it'll look even better.

not flippin' bad mate!!! What a stonker!!  ;):)

Looking good Will keep going not the easyiest of tractors to convert so great credit for having the cuts to try it  :)

Cheers you lot, very encouraging to here, thanks. :)

theres always the option if your worried about messing it up will, of asking somebody to cast it first,just incase, that way you always have the backup if the first/ second one doesnt go right, always good to have a sfatey net sometimes if your unsure about it,

theres always the option if your worried about messing it up will, of asking somebody to cast it first,just incase, that way you always have the backup if the first/ second one doesnt go right, always good to have a sfatey net sometimes if your unsure about it,

Had already thought about that, as I may make a few to ebay or sell if it turns out ok. Cheers for the idea. :)

great minds think alike eh ;):D :D i always like to have a spare when i first cut something just in case it all goes pete tong on me, can be a pain to get bits other wise

Well if I do that, I'll only cut up the cast one. ;) Would this be a good opportunity for me to get into casting? :-\

mm depends on how much you really want to do, gav has a ebay contact that sells small pots of the mould material, and he also sells resin in smaller amounts than i get, drop him a pm for the sellers ebay details,

I spek to him later on MSN.....cheers. :)

no probs, did have the sellers name myself, but having probs with my ebay sellers list at min, seems to have lost half of them??

Gav is having the same problem he says. :-\