massey ferguson 30 seed drill conversion

very nice Scamp!. I love my old MF drill, want to keep using her!. Trailer is a nice addition, so simple i should really try it...one day along with the hitch i keep thinking about :) :) :)

Perhaps more fun trying to reverse the seed drill on to the transporter????

end tow would be better,but as i used to use this type for just on 9yrs i got to love it then we had a 30 on end tow and i hated it,mainly because on the trailer you've got room on the end for drags or seed.

Superb conversion here mate. Reminds me of the outfit I used in the '80s before being upgraded to an Accord DC 4 metre drill. Your trailer looks stronger than the one I had with my MF 30. It was a blacksmith built thing wheels right at the rear design made of two box section side rails with tube bracing and angle iron welded across the side rails to form the wheel wells and inverted angle iron bars welded in as the wheel supports and like your model had fold up ramps on the side of it, was a ***** of a thing to tow as wheels were so far back you had to watch turning on the road or into tight field gateways too

Good idea to shorten back the front of the drill to make it look more like a 30. I'm doing one at he mo but I've gone the whole hog and adding scratch-built front beam and coulters with folding drawbar. Hopefully it'll turn out looking like something :-\