Hello from Waycroft nurseries

Hi guys,

I've always had a mini diorama in my room on top of my bedroom dresser and since joining the forum i've been ever trying to increase detail and realism of it. And with the addition of Grahams shed i finally this afternoon did a mini diorama i wanted to show you. It's not perfect im afraid but with the room im working with and the limited space for models i thought it was OK even if it's a bit cramped.

I'll shut up now but basically im aiming my farm at an old style English farm that has been modernised but still keep traditional with the pig's outside. I'll play around with it when the seasons change  ;)

First up is feeding the cattle with the new diet feeder, the feeding gate is normally further out but to save danger from the cattle we've had to make room for the tractor.

post-770-132638595395_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638595398_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old farm also has some free range geese, which arent the friendliest of beats  :o

Outside the lads are just unloading our newest boar and a new sow. They've put up some temporary fencing to create a little passage safely to the paddock.

post-770-132638595418_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638595422_thumb.jpg

looks great Nick, more pics please!! ;D ;D ;D

just a question, are they 'scheich' animals, cant remember the name but bigger than 1:32 :-\ :-\ :-\

Thanks Tim it certainly is the main feature of the farm but i just can't seem to get the fields right ... i just got some more pictures for you but that is basically it  :D

Thanks Ben, they certainly are but i love the detail on them, there an absolute bum for space but they blow me away with the detail  :-\ A normal cow won't fit in the Siku livestock trailer  :-X So ... but i like them

Looks good Nick :)

The Scleich animals certainly are nice and well detailed. I think some of them work at at 1/16 scale (I think they say on their website though they are not consistent scale wise) Have you seen any of the Britains animals they are very good detail wise and you would be able to have more in your shed  ;D

I hope you aren't planning on fattening up that "goose" though for xmas dinner  :-\ as it's a swan  :o

Looks good Nick :)

The Scleich animals certainly are nice and well detailed. I think some of them work at at 1/16 scale (I think they say on their website though they are not consistent scale wise) Have you seen any of the Britains animals they are very good detail wise and you would be able to have more in your shed  ;D

I hope you aren't planning on fattening up that "goose" though for xmas dinner  :-\ as it's a swan  :o

Cheers Scott, yeah there a bit hit and miss scale wise. Opppsss  :-X :-X Um ... yeah * shuffles away slowly *  :D :D

Great pics Nick, Graham's shed sets your layout off well, as Scott was saying try some Britains animals on your layout. The detail ain't bad either, I agree with you though those Scheilch Animals have great detail in them their Angus cows and bulls are excellent, pity they don't do 1/32 as I think they'd do one hell of a job. They make great trees that scale well in 1/32 I think there about 10 quid each.

Yeah i think i may buy some Britains check them out ... but definetly need some of the Schleich trees like you said. Saw some in France but didn't have alot of bunce  :-\ But i think i need some hedges around the back, it's a bit open.

Thanks alot Barry, that was quite a day wasn't it  ;) It definetly is the pride and joy of the diorama but i think it looks good stocked up  :-\ The look on our faces when it came out of the back of the car  :D :D ;) Thanks alot mate

Thanks Marky, i tried getting some more pics earlier but the camera has run out of battery so i'll charge it in a minute and have a play around. Hmm i maybe could put some red on there  ;):D Regretting not getting the Deutz into Massey conversion at Spalding to be honest  >:(

looks good mate , my son collects the schleich range of farm animals ,as you say the detale is great

Yeah they are good, but at a price  :( I think Schleich should definetly go into making 1/32 animals compatible with Siku and Britains but with the detail they have now  :-\

Well done Nick, looking good. Like the dust on the floor in the barn mate. All looks nice and if your statring out with a shed like Grahams lord only knows what this layout will look like by the time your Marky's age!!

Well done Nick, looking good. Like the dust on the floor in the barn mate. All looks nice and if your statring out with a shed like Grahams lord only knows what this layout will look like by the time your Marky's age!!

Blooming cheek  >:(

True though  :D :D :D