Hello from Waycroft nurseries

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone ... as a wise short man once told me farms aren't perfect. The mess and bits around are what makes a great diorama and i want to start to mess it up by leaving oil drums around etc, so the overcrowdedness is kind of effective. Some more pictures tomorrow hopefully, i moved a few bits around  ;)

• 6 months later...

Well it's back. This is mainly a topic about the animal side of my layout and i've updated it a bit tonight. Still got so much work to do, but heres how its going.

I got some supplies in today in the form of feeding troughs

IMG_3514.jpg

Then moved the pigs in with the cattle, big mistake really but all i could really do for the time being until i either get another unit built or clear a pasture.

IMG_3524.jpg

The cattle end

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

And then one of my trusty Deeres transporting some bales from the summers baling  :)

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3538.jpg

Some more pics hopefully tomorrow

Looking wonderful Nick... I've asked in another post, but is the scale of the Schleich animals compatible with Britains darling???

Hi Mandy, thanks alot  ;) There quite a bit bigger, for example the piglets from Schleich are around the size of a Britains sow the new ones. But nevertheless they do me  :)

The cows with the ribs showing are much more realistic. Shame they are a bit bigger.

Looking good Nick

I was wondering about that Kev... some manufacturer's versions of 1/32 isn't quite the same as Britains and they do come up a little bigger... having said that... cattle aren't all the same size in real-life anyway :-\

Nice pics Nick  :)

Great barn you have there and the Schleich animals look really lifelike compared to Britains shiny offerings these days. BTW is that a 3350 lurking in the background, nice one - pic pleeeeease ;);D

Thanks mate, yeah i love my barn all credit to Graham  ;D And they are good, may try some Britains in there for size though  :-\ And yep it is, i'll get some pictures tomorrow of my fleet. Was bought off ebay cheaply for conversion purposes but was absoelutly mint so never bothered  :D

Well as a request yesterday to see my old 3350 i thought i'd get a few of my old workhorses out, all based on real tractors. So come in the yard and have a butchers....

Firstly my favourite two little workhorses, both on row crops.

A 6820, driven by Mike ( Mickey or Pirate Mickey ). Jobs used in include planting corn and rotervating  :)

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

Had to remember the seed bags on the weight! Still trying to get a beacon for it and a personalised number plate  :)

IMG_3552.jpg

My trusty Transit from the lovely Mandy, a model i've fallen in love with  ;D My friend came over whos Mum's a friend of the J.J.Barkers boss and said he'll take it to show him  :)

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

And also coming in the yard the 7430, this one still needs alot of work!

IMG_3579.jpg

Real thing driven by ???? I just call him misery guts to be honest  :D

IMG_1398.jpg

And last but not least, this smelly old thing. Originally bought for conversion purposes but just look at it. Was boxed and mint so couldn't dare take a tool anywhere near it  :-[ Real thing driven by ... well theres a new driver everyday  :D Often with a name like Edgar, Ivan, or Hanz. Real job dumping salad waste into the fields  :) The real things a 2650 but the model is of course a 3350

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3562.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

Not a fan of this though ...

IMG_3564.jpg