David Brown 1690. Major Conversion.

Don't know if you can see it that well but the windscreen wiper turned up and is now fitted. Also put the engine oil filter on, that's the little blob of white you can see in front the cab front bottom window. Don't think there is much more I can do to it now.

Wiperfitted.jpg

Just another little finishing touch for those of you that have commented on the ability to make the tax disc and other printing bits so small without blurring, I said that I would think about a numberplate so I've done one for the tractor creating it in one of my 'drawing' computer programmes.

As for adding a driver, well, we'll see.  :-\

Numberplate.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello PR

Excelent model altough i can see one thing you forgot about the sticker on the rear of the roof that says David Brown and the steps were originaly black but my god you have put excelent detail into the model. ;):):D

Thanks for that.  I've missed out the roof decal, Damn, knew there was something, I will cure that later on.

The steps on the real one were Power Red, they were black when they dropped the Power Red in 1984 when they changed to the black and white 'magpie' livery and the David Brown name was dropped.

Hello PR.

The 1690 you coppied for your model must of had power red steps because any 90s tractors we have broke for spares as well as the ones we work all have black steps sins the DB range secura cabs were fitted they had black steps altough the very first 90s tractors may of had red steps.

1410firstshot.jpg

You could perhaps have a crack at making a model of this ultra rare David Brown 1410 Highway its as far as i no a once of and is fitted with front brakes the chassis were repainted black buy a previous owner but she was originaly all yellow with power red wheels and a few black parts such as the fuel tank and roof and mirrors. :);):D;D

The early 90 series when launched in 1980 at Monaco were all with red steps, these steps were not that strong and were always getting damaged and being rather light rusted out after a time and by the time they did red painted ones were no longer available as they were replaced with stronger ones that were black.

Anyway, the cab roof decal has now been done. Ihope that this now completes the model.

1690WithRoofDecal.jpg

Hello PR.

That was Quick Yes i beleive this finnishes it of it looks like our own 1983 1690 T ill post a pick could i see some pics of your selectomatic conversions thanks also we have the entire selectomatic DB range from a red 770 up to a secura cabed 1412 we also have a Douglas taskmaster and others the current count of DBs in our collection is 43.

31410stogether.jpg

31410syellow.jpg

31410sfromtheback.jpg

31410sfromrightside.jpg

31410s2wd.jpg

That's a fantastic job powerrabbit you have done from start to finish on this model  :o the attention to detail takes conversions to a new level. Well done there.   8)

Thanks for the compliment. I'm on the hunt for more of the Lone Star ones, bits, parts, whatever, to convert as they seem fairly straight forward to do. All the ones they made were the same base so a variety of 90/94 series models could be created, 1390/94, 1490/94, 1590/94 and the 1690/94 and in varying liveries from the D.B red and white, Case black and white with red wheels and the Case IH variants in the IH colours with the silver wheel rims.