Britains farming German style

I've just had a look at the other pictures and to be honest yours stands out among the rest. Not sure on the stories for them but they all seem to be similar work around a farm :) :)

No, FB this is not the right link, they seem to have had a problem with my pictures size. This is the better link:

http://www.witomo.com/6595.html

And do not forget: Richard de Florennes is just a fantasy name like Sparrowlegs (or is this his real name?). Anyway, my real name is Sascha, but as a was a child, a friend's half-deaf Grandma always just understood "Richard", no matter how often I repeated my name. An Florennes is one of my favourite villages in Belgium, my second home - that's how I got this second name ...

all here if you get lost?

http://www.witomo.com/3393.html

Again excellent work Richard!. Was gonna ask about carrots!!. so just rice in orange paint then ;)

No, FB this is not the right link, they seem to have had a problem with my pictures size. This is the better link:

http://www.witomo.com/6595.html

And do not forget: Richard de Florennes is just a fantasy name like Sparrowlegs (or is this his real name?). Anyway, my real name is Sascha, but as a was a child, a friend's half-deaf Grandma always just understood "Richard", no matter how often I repeated my name. An Florennes is one of my favourite villages in Belgium, my second home - that's how I got this second name ...

aaarh cheers!!! ;D ;D ;D

best go look at that load as well!....wondered what had happended :) :)

especially @ New Holland2, but also to all fellow enthusiasts:

I am a real "Row Crop fan" too, as this topic is really interesting in real farming live (special wheels, special implements) and sadly not covered satisfying by farm modell producers. You get a whole range of normal drills, but not a single precision drill. We have just a single planter on the market now from SIKU, but not a single other dedicated row crop implement (bed former, row cultivator, potato or beet harvester).

However, that's why I choose Potato and Carrot farming of my farm's main topic; and I am really thankful for the support of this forum - especially as they realized my contact with TOWSE trading who provided the row crop wheels and some other implements (not for free, of course ;-)), hardly available anywhere else ?

Anyway, this is what is happining on my "coffee earth" potato field this morning - the new John Deere sprayer has been pulled out of the box for the first time. In spite of some discussions regarding this tool, I like it very much. I think it looks good, and is far better then my previous SIKU Amazone pulled sprayer, which went to Ebay some weeks ago ;-)

Unfortunately, my John Deere contractor has no row crop wheels available for works on my fields, but precise driving skills and a special plantic technic (leaving planting lines free for the tractor wheels) will allows for my plants growing without damage. 

post-1013-132638598046_thumb.jpg

Another farmer - another sprayer:

This Evrad sprayer set once was available together with a Britains MF 3600.

Although it is technically almost impossible to fit the frontal sprayer barrel to a Ford 7710 (steering is almost impossible now and the frontal barrel is fixed to the ground in reality), I think it looks pretty good in this combination.

The flexible tube connecting the frontal and the rear barrel is one of those annoying new Britains box wires ...

post-1013-132638598074_thumb.jpg

The same tractor with a more suitable implement: a bed former from Towse Trading, added by row markers which are available from SIKU as official spare parts and painted blue. Also reflecting red/white warning markings were added. The field is brown floor carpet, while the beds are formed of dry used coffee.

More of my pictures at http://www.witomo.com/6595.html - you can give me a vote, if you want! ;-)

post-1013-132638598086_thumb.jpg

As I spent hours and days on Ford Tractors (a 5000 and 6600 if I remember correctly) joining a local farmer in our neighborhood when I was a small boy, Ford stayed my favourite brand, though I like MF and John Deere too). This example was a present for my 5th birthday some 30 years ago is fitted with a grill guard and front weight from TOWSE TRADING (will I get an item for free, regarding all this free adversitising for you, Dave ;-) ?), however I had no money for a new exhaust, which has got lost in all the years. Therfore, I had to rely on the stick of a cotton bud (Q-Tip), acting now as self-made unique exhaust, until this example will retire and replaced by the new old Britains Fords coming out this year (I am hoping) ...

post-1013-132638598097_thumb.jpg

especially @ New Holland2, but also to all fellow enthusiasts:

I am a real "Row Crop fan" too, as this topic is really interesting in real farming live (special wheels, special implements) and sadly not covered satisfying by farm modell producers. You get a whole range of normal drills, but not a single precision drill. We have just a single planter on the market now from SIKU, but not a single other dedicated row crop implement (bed former, row cultivator, potato or beet harvester).

However, that's why I choose Potato and Carrot farming of my farm's main topic; and I am really thankful for the support of this forum - especially as they realized my contact with TOWSE trading who provided the row crop wheels and some other implements (not for free, of course ;-)), hardly available anywhere else ?

Anyway, this is what is happining on my "coffee earth" potato field this morning - the new John Deere sprayer has been pulled out of the box for the first time. In spite of some discussions regarding this tool, I like it very much. I think it looks good, and is far better then my previous SIKU Amazone pulled sprayer, which went to Ebay some weeks ago ;-)

Unfortunately, my John Deere contractor has no row crop wheels available for works on my fields, but precise driving skills and a special plantic technic (leaving planting lines free for the tractor wheels) will allows for my plants growing without damage. 

I know exactly what you mean Richard......There are very few root crop models made by the main-stream manufacturers anymore when you consider Britains used to do planters and harvesters back with the Ransomes Super Faun models and the like......It is great that our talented conversionits have managed to bridge this gap in the market but hopefully Siku etc will catch on one day and realise what they are missing...... :) :) :);)

And finally my Unimog, I always wanted to have this as a child but it took until last week, when I finally could afford purchasing one extremely used example without load area via ebay. This is how it looks after some new paint jobs and addition of a self-made (and therefore and little bit steep looking, sorry ;-)) load area:

post-1013-132638598724_thumb.jpg

Where are the little wieght frames from on the front of the old MF and the old Ford? I like them a lot  :)

DT i guess by the looks of them, thought you would have thought the same :-\

great set up, love the detail and back grounds, hope to see lots more from you in the future

DT i guess by the looks of them, thought you would have thought the same :-\

great set up, love the detail and back grounds, hope to see lots more from you in the future

Could well be, he has had a good mention throughout this post come to think of it.

Hello, I do not understand the meaning (what are you pointing at?) of the last two postings due to the language barrier (in spite of best marks in English at school - obviously not enough to cope with native speakers).

The front weight/grill guards are available at Towse Trading, and just to avoid any misunderstanding, I am in no way specially linked or influenced by this modell maker/seller, but thanks to this forum, I found this shop and purchased quite a lot of articles there not available here in Germany for realizing these dioramas ...

Hello, I do not understand the meaning (what are you pointing at?) of the last two postings due to the language barrier (in spite of best marks in English at school - obviously not enough to cope with native speakers).

The front weight/grill guards are available at Towse Trading, and just to avoid any misunderstanding, I am in no way specially linked or influenced by this modell maker/seller, but thanks to this forum, I found this shop and purchased quite a lot of articles there not available here in Germany for realizing these dioramas ...

Thanks Richard, that is the information I was asking for  :) I think I will have to purchase a couple  :)

The potatos themselves are grains of special millet or sorghum available in health food shops. The plants of potatos and especially of carotts can be very well reproduced by use of so-called "Iceland Moss" (do not know the exact English term, sorry ?)

To round this topic off, here is another perspective of my irrigation diorama; which fitted very well to a totally dry April in Western Germany this year ...

More Images from me, "Richard de Florennes" (real name: Sascha) at http://www.witomo.com/6595.html

post-1013-132638598782_thumb.jpg