Britains farming German style

the stubble field is available in train modell shops; it is a 1:87 (HO) "corn field" modell carpet making up perfectly for 1:32 stubbles! I can anly recommend visiting any train modell shop in your vincity, as they offer some very interesting products which can be used as background and so on for our farm modells!

Thanks for that, I will look out for some of this carpet.

I have the Joal Grape Harvester, I bought it a couple of weeks ago - fantastic model  :)

post-227-132638629653_thumb.jpg

What is the red bits, did you buy them in a set or seomthing or did you make them yourself? They look very authentic. Nice photo's again  :)

They are put from jelly "HARIBO" sweets available here in Germany. They are covered by this small red sugar-balls, I took as red currants (interim solution). However, 2 or 3 millimeters ducplicated 32 times (1/32 scale) makes up for almost 10 centimeters, which is more the size of small apples than red currants. Therfore, I will look for another solution soon, maybe one more time in one of those dedicated train modelling shops ...

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like another fine diorama you are making. Are they all on display in your house or are you not allowed to? I would love to have these on shelves or in cabinets for everyone to see and ask questions about.

They are all on display in one room only; my personal working room; I have commited myself on a strictly no-farm-toys policy for the rest of our flat; although playing with my little son always is a good excuse for carpet-farming everywhere. These dioramas however are only in my roon and therefore restricted to shelf-size.