Claas Dominator 76 cabless

Hi guys, if you can remember i did a smashed up Dominator 98 a while back and with my kiddies model i had since i was 4 i turned it into a cabless 76, but not sure about numbers  ???::) So here she is next to her 'used' sister.

Still a hell of alot of work to do on both of them, some extremely dodgy paint jobs but i just had to show you and ask you for anything i could improve on.

post-770-132638600179_thumb.jpg

post-770-132638600183_thumb.jpg

By the way i forgot to mention i decaled it up as a 98 .... due to the fact of lack of decals but hay, not sure if they ever made a cabless 98  ???:-\ :-X

I only have a leaflet for a Dominator 86-96, and they show the spec for the operators platform and list a cab as optional equipment ;)

Thanks guys, didn't really have a certain target model which was bad just felt like making a cabless Dominator and was kind of mix and match with parts but my two combines are my first two completed conversions and im happy with them  :)

And in the end that's all that matters  ;):) :)

Domi76Cabless-1.jpg

How's that one grab you. They did make a cabless Dominator 76 and hopefuly this frontal picture will help you get all the details right. I'm not criticising, jus' bein helpful. The truck would be a nice one to recreate too, but I don't know if anyone did it in 1/32. You could always make an authentic tractor unit out of an Iveco Magirus Deutz cattle truck or skip lorry. Manns of Saxham (Claas importers) ran Iveco Magirus artic units (Less the crane) about that time to deliver to dealers. ::);) If my memory serves me well, they used folding neck low loaders, made by King, not the semi low loader like the one above. They were 40' trailers and the headers were carried on a cradle mounted on the back of the trailer neck.

My (Sussex Tractors) trailer was 18' in the bottom and had a 10' neck. Outriggers were also fitted to the lower deck. ;)

Nice combine you have made there Nick!!

You wanted to get some feedback if there ws something you could do different. The only thing i wanted to do, was putting on other tiers. 2wd tiers back, and a bit smaller tiers on the front axel. I also would increase the front tiers to a more narrow look.. But that`s just my opinion..  ;)

Realy like it!!  ;D

Olav

Nice combine you have made there Nick!!

You wanted to get some feedback if there ws something you could do different. The only thing i wanted to do, was putting on other tiers. 2wd tiers back, and a bit smaller tiers on the front axel. I also would increase the front tiers to a more narrow look.. But that`s just my opinion..  ;)

Realy like it!!  ;D

Olav

Welcome to the forum mate, thanks very much i definetly need thinner wheels on the back with maybe a axle that stretches quite far back like a hill combine. And yeah im definetly going to make some changes tyre wise. Thanks for the feedback mate, much appreiciated  :)

tell ya what nick, have you thought about a old britains mf760 or a nh header ,made to fit ect, recon that would add to a lovley model you have there, with a nice header trauiler to

Yeah im definetly going to mod this a bit more, no way the finished product. A new header will be top of the agenda  :) Thanks for all the help mate, wanting to make some more Claas vechiles from that era  :)