down at smurfs

SMurF

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the sleeper walls by the way, I got some[glow=red,2,300] bala [/glow] for that too but havn't done owt with it yet!! As per!!!

The sleepers are made from B+Q hardwood strip    think it was about 16x3  Split down the middle and chopped into 9cm lengths    Looks pretty good and don't need painting

Had a go at the curved roof on the dutch barn and a few more purlins

Don't think the roof has come out too bad    Just needs covering and it won't look too bad :-\

post-103-132638640001_thumb.jpg

post-103-132638640038_thumb.jpg

The first one    BALSA    some good flexy bits      Just hold in place and apply the supergle and hey presto    Well a bit more than that honestley

Took me back to my aeroplane building days  Just lake sure it is all square

Working hard there Scott looking good  ;) What you cladding it wit?

Hopeing to have a bash with the corrugated card

will dampen it first then lay it over some cling film on the roof to take some of the tension out of the flat sheets useing elasic bands to shape it  then let it dry out before gluing it down          Its an old trick for model aeroplane fuselages    stops the card trying to go back to its natural shape  ie flat

Hopeing to have a bash with the corrugated card

will dampen it first then lay it over some cling film on the roof to take some of the tension out of the flat sheets useing elasic bands to shape it   then let it dry out before gluing it down          Its an old trick for model aeroplane fuselages    stops the card trying to go back to its natural shape  ie flat

Scott I fix the clad down using towels weighted on the ends to hold the card in the curved shape, it works well with plenty of glue pasted underneat.

Trauma today      something has smashed some of the barns to the right hand side of the dutch barn up beyond repair so shall have to rebuild whats not been trashed :'( :'( :'(

But it will be done as soon as i have time :-[

Can't say I'm in too good a mood at the moment :'( :'( :'(

Mate I know the feeling, the time I dropped the heater on my well and truelly dead widespan shed I could have slap myself with a wet fish untill the moon came up. I do hope it is not too hard however you go about the rebuild. .. Good luck mate, man of your talents should be fine. I take it the 1/32 WeatherMet got it wrong again?!!

Trauma today      something has smashed some of the barns to the right hand side of the dutch barn up beyond repair so shall have to rebuild whats not been trashed :'( :'( :'(

But it will be done as soon as i have time :-[

Can't say I'm in too good a mood at the moment :'( :'( :'(

at least it wasnt you, i sat on one of mine half way through the build :D :D :D

• 4 months later...

There are a few, but nothing to post yet have had to rebuild some of my dutch barn as it was destroyed by the dog getting in the shed and going for a walk on it

Been a bit too cold to go out there for a while but shall do again soon ;)

Archived