Chemical Store / Farm Storage

Well I couldn't make up my mind whether to put this in Down at Deere-ests, a new post in Model Farms or here. . .so I went with here. It will appear Down at Deere-ests eventually as the layout grows anyway.

Ran out of glue so had to do something to occupy myself for. .. .. ten minutes.

Remember this?

post-227-132638602876_thumb.jpg

Removed from chassis  :)

Then rubbed down with sand paper to get the glossy look gone, harder over the lettering to make it look warn. Then smeared red oxide paint over it to rust it up a bit and give that beaten about look. Front and side done, got the roof, other side and rear doors to do now.  :)

post-227-13263860288_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638602884_thumb.jpg

Tris, that looks excellent mate. The effect on that has worked so well it really is a masterpiece mate. Looks so reliastic and a great piece on your layout.

If you need any pictures of that kind of stuff just ask and i can tryto get down to one of the packing farms my dad used to work on. All stuff like that big stores and industrial freezers everything like that  ;)

Well as you've asked!! On the rear doors of these sorts of things there are umpteen labels and shipping codes, if you could catch some of these on the lense mate I could make up some old serial numbers to stick on it. Add to the history of the old box!!  :)

Well as you've asked!! On the rear doors of these sorts of things there are umpteen labels and shipping codes, if you could catch some of these on the lense mate I could make up some old serial numbers to stick on it. Add to the history of the old box!!  :)

I'll try my best to get down there mate, may be a bit awkward but im really interested in what your doing so i'll give it ago  ;) Wow i just have to compliment it some more, it really looks awesome mate a great effect  :D :D

Even when battered like this old thing they are usually still watertight (That said they were never that watertight new!!!). They get everywhere, farms, building sites, scrap yards, engineering works, they're cheap and ideal. Cheers Mart.  :)

looks great tris, where about will that sit then on the farm

On some sleepers in the field immediatly next to the farm I reckon, so the sprayer can fill up from the brook. When I get my modern layout up and going after Toytrac then it may get moved onto that one if I don't find another on like it Sean.

And yeah Kev, when I got it there were still one or two boxes of Wagon Wheels left in it!!  :D