New Project: 1/32 row cultivator

should look like this when finnished:

As I am quite a conversion beginner - do you have any idea how to begin and how to proceed (how to make the parts, which material, how to connect, which existing parts might be reproduced in resin, how can I make completely new parts from scratch - no idea how to make an own good looking T-tine or spring tine, a duck feet tine or shovels, nor how to connect them to the main frame of the item.

Anybody able to help or to produce such a thing on order (budget 50 Pounds)?

www.actionfarmtoys.com/pictures/5920.jpg

post-1013-132638603439_thumb.jpg

Thanks Green ... sent you a pm.

help of Gave would also be appreciated though he seems not have had the time yet to answer my pm concerning purchase of his marvelous beet harvester  ;)

However, a row cultivator representing the same quality as his harvester would be great of course. Now Gave - it's up to you for another bargain ;D

help of Gave would also be appreciated though he seems not have had the time yet to answer my pm concerning purchase of his marvelous beet harvester   ;)

However, a row cultivator representing the same quality as his harvester would be great of course. Now Gave - it's up to you for another bargain ;D

I haven't recieved a pm to that effect :-\ Have replied to your request in the topic though :);)

I do have one in the planning stage, one of many things in the pipe line ;) Considering doing an older style one for the new Britains classic tractors and a newer style one for the newer models ;):)

help of Gave would also be appreciated though he seems not have had the time yet to answer my pm concerning purchase of his marvelous beet harvester  ;)

ok i be waiting..... ;)

are they for between rows of say beet then,for de weeding ect??? if so yes plases gav, make mine a front mounted old version though, just like we had on the farm for the 690, had a ram added to a frame built on the weight brackets to lift her, lot easier looking forwards and down than backwards down and trying to steer straght

• 2 weeks later...

still no idea how to start from scratch anybody? It seems I have to become independent of other enthusiasts support, therefore I would like to give it a try now and begin from Zero in spite of not having the slightest clue on how others make their own modells. which material, how to begin, how to make exact parts according to the original implement?

I'd love to help Richard... but I have no clue whatsoever when it comes to this sort of thing I am afraid... IF I were to attempt to make this model I would be using box section plastrut... and gluing with a thick superglue... that's all I can suggest... hope it helps  :-[:-\

still no idea how to start from scratch anybody? It seems I have to become independent of other enthusiasts support, therefore I would like to give it a try now and begin from Zero in spite of not having the slightest clue on how others make their own modells. which material, how to begin, how to make exact parts according to the original implement?

Idea on what you want :)

try and find the implement and take plenty of pics and measurements, this way you dont have to keep on going back ;):)

plastruct from your local model suppliers (use google or any other search engine)

Brass or Aluminium ( if you want to use this) - from a model shop or online??

glue (superglue will be ok or some kind of model makers glue)

Resin casting - have no idea but you need to make a mould of the item you want to case lots of

I can only try and help as I am not a great custom builder.  I always have to have others make what I want :)  Anyway.  I assume you are from across the pond.  That being the East side of the pond.  Over here in the states it is used to deweed as you call it after the plant has grown several inches high.  Corn, beans, etc, most row crops.  The picture you have posted is a 1/16 scale model/toy.  Do you guys have the real deal over there?  Over here we plant on 22 inch rows or 30 inch rows.  That is the most common.  SO spacing isnt that hard.  First I would determine how many rows you want to cultivate in one pass.  People over here match their planter.  16 rows is VERY common with 24 and 32 rows growing.  Over there I dont think you have stuff this big as you have smaller roads to travel on and what not.  I recomend doing a 6 or 8 row version.  You should be able to scratch build this pretty easy without measurements, at least for your first attempt and then figure out what you want to change or add to the model to make it better.  Search on the web for rowcrop cultivator.  You can also try www.ironsearch.com or www.agdealer.com.  They sell list used equipment for dealers over here.  Get some pictures of different angles and go for it.  It probably wont be perfect but it will give you an idea what it will take.  As for resin casting.  GreenSheetand YellowRims should be able to help you as he has casted tires and what not.  But build the shank pieces and supports, then lay them out with the spacing you want and measure how wide you need to make the main toolbar.  Hope this helps