Massey Ferguson 16 combine

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every time i see these pics i drool olav, stunning work, infact so much so i am drawing plans up for a scrath built mf combine for me now, i was so inspired by this

That's not true Sean... you are to magnanimous (is that the word ??? ) ... you have been talking about this for some time... Inspiration maybe... I'll give you that  ;)

I just can't wait for more work from you too now... Oooo the futures bright.... the futures... er... RED  :-[;D

Bombarding you with PM's as we speak Mr P  :-*;)

You said to ask questions well this one might be hard to answer but how many man hours do you think you would have spent to produce this model ???? and what value would you put on it ???

Good question.. I spent more or less 2 months on building it. The most work was on the measures.. I had to take measures on every part of my real combine, to get the right size on the modell, so it is exactly 1/32 scale..  ;)

The price on this, I think would be priceless.. I made it when i was home with my newborn son, so I think it has to be passed on to him, when he is around 50...  ;D ;D

That's not true Sean... you are to magnanimous (is that the word ??? ) ... you have been talking about this for some time... Inspiration maybe... I'll give you that  ;)

I just can't wait for more work from you too now... Oooo the futures bright.... the futures... er... RED  :-[;D

Bombarding you with PM's as we speak Mr P  :-*;)

Realy nice brochures you got there Marky! Do you have a post with all you`re collection? Would love to see it!!

Just let me know if you need some tips on you`re new combine project Sean! Would be happy to help out! Love the MF combines! Realy nice machines!

Real nice with a forum with so many resonible collecters who understand that the way to go is the Massey way!!  ;D

Olav, thats absolutely stunning, makes everthing I've built look very poor indeed.!

You just need the time, right tools and a lot of pasions..  ;)

It is the small ekstras that is the differens between a good or a great conversion. I think I have a long way to go with my modells before I get in the leag with TM810 and some other great conversioners on this forum! But training makes champion...  ;)

An amazing scratchbuild indeed :)

You just need the time, right tools and a lot of pasions..  ;)

It is the small ekstras that is the differens between a good or a great conversion. I think I have a long way to go with my modells before I get in the leag with TM810 and some other great conversioners on this forum! But training makes champion...   ;)

Maybee, but you are very very close 8)

Good question.. I spent more or less 2 months on building it. The most work was on the measures.. I had to take measures on every part of my real combine, to get the right size on the modell, so it is exactly 1/32 scale..  ;)

The price on this, I think would be priceless.. I made it when i was home with my newborn son, so I think it has to be passed on to him, when he is around 50...  ;D ;D

That's not bad going I would have expected it to take longer. A really wonderful job and is a credit to you. I agree I wouldn't let your son get his hands on it until he's older and appreciates what a real craftsman his father was.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Execelent work You have done, very detailed. I am working on an old danish combine harvester (towed). Mine is completly brasswork. I have found the combineharvester in an old farmyard, it is still running, I do a lot of hand draw sketches and a lot digital pictures plus the real measure, and compared to the original phamplet. You can have look at on my homepage, there You will also find other handmade models.

www.britainstoys.dk

Regards, J?rgen T. Madsen - Denmark.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Execelent work You have done, very detailed. I am working on an old danish combine harvester (towed). Mine is completly brasswork. I have found the combineharvester in an old farmyard, it is still running, I do a lot of hand draw sketches and a lot digital pictures plus the real measure, and compared to the original phamplet. You can have look at on my homepage, there You will also find other handmade models.

www.britainstoys.dk

Regards, J?rgen T. Madsen - Denmark.

Thanks J?rgen! Very nice homepage you have created there! Realy loves the details on you`re modells!! Post some pictures of you`re combine when it`s finished! Keep on that superb work!  ;D

• 8 months later...