new 5000 with a difference COMPLETED AND NEW COLOUR VERSION

Thanks for the compliment mate  :) The yellow part under the tractor is like a tarpaulin skirt, farmer use to put them on so the crop didn't get tangled up under the tractor  ;)

I remember my uncle doing that on his tractor when turning hay with a Bamford Wuffler. An old used fertilizer bag.. things you dion't see nowadays!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... top piece of work... well done that man... have to agree with the boys... looks so much better on the chaffer wheels all round... not keen on Fords myself either (understatement of the year)... but like marcus... I do like those units !!

Keep up the good work !!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice looks more at home now if you no what i mean i was thinking like the way the shawne pool conversions were. ;)

I'm happy with it ;) it was a nightmare taking the roof apart ::) was quite surprized the decals came off easy (used them again so no repo decals was needed) just got the rams to sort out now ;)

Very nice mate, another great piece as always. Just out of interest, is there any way to tell about how many of the real industrial versions were fitted to two wheeled sprayers?

don't think many were actual industrials to be fitted to the sprayer versions tim , i've certainly not seen any 5000 versions but i do remember seeing 5600,6600,6610, articulated units with sprayers. theses were typically a contractors fleet machine , all in chaffer colours on exclusive contract to potato groups , to apply liquid fert supplied by chaffer. i don't know haow many of these contractors are still about as most liquid fert is applied during the bedtilling or planting stages now ,.  i do know there is an ex-chaffer sprayunit  somewhere up around the shepton mallet / wells area , usesd to see it quite often wheni was on the milk  :)

Very nice looks more at home now if you no what i mean i was thinking like the way the shawne pool conversions were. ;)

a shawnee poole unit ,now that would be a good seller ;)

• 1 month later...