Cullies Farm

smallclaas

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seeing as we havn't seen a farm set up from you udi would you consider building a dealers yard to show off your stock ? as that would also make some great pics? :) :) :)

That's cos i haven't got a proper farm set up mjb1  :-[ , got no space mate, just cabinets, shelfs, 3 kids and a loving wife. Carpet farming is the best i can offer and even that's a struggle with two babies.

One day maybe but after seeing smallclaas,tm,fb,deerest,kentman and many more that have been posted but dont come to mind straight away i'd never be able to match those standards, i built one 10 years back but the detail was no-where near you guys.

Blimey Barry, glad someone is blowing my trumpet because I am even looking at mine from a funny angle now having seen the latest bout of building site's starting up. Maybe my drier shed will put me back up there with the big boys. Only in my head at the mo but I have ideas which is more than I can say for my Plastruct shed which I kind of made up as I went along!!

Blimey Barry, glad someone is blowing my trumpet because I am even looking at mine from a funny angle now having seen the latest bout of building site's starting up. Maybe my drier shed will put me back up there with the big boys. Only in my head at the mo but I have ideas which is more than I can say for my Plastruct shed which I kind of made up as I went along!!

i have ideas too!...its just trying to get them into production!  :D :D. most of mine were made up as i went along. Next time i'll use the simple method of building!  :D :D :D

i seen yer sheds in progress but not yer layout ,is there a pic of the whle thing on here deer-est ?

The idea for this layout came about from a very straight forward idea. I've been collecting Britains and Siku for a few years now, and I wanted somewhere to display the models. The layout that I have built is based on an existing farm that was built in 1942. To make the buildings I first measured the buildings and converted the measurements to 1/32. The hardest part of the construction was gluing all the pieces together. Most of the detail required to construct the buildings you can find in any model shop like the modle timbers and dowels for gates and roof details. i've been working on this project on and off for the last 4 years, I still have to do a bit of interior work on the buildings and make the exterior more realistic. Here's a few pics of the original farm so you can see what I hoping to do. As you can see the farm is in a bit of a mess as it's been abandoned since 1995.

Unfortunately! it's demolition, a developer has bought this yard and is going to build 140 houses on the yard and surrounding fields. It's a pity, I worked here when I was 18 milking 30 cows.The yard is part of a 700 acre estate, most of it is now under housing or roads, well that's progress. This is one of the reasons that I made a model of it because soon it won't exist.

post-77-13263850706_thumb.jpg

Thats a sign of the times for sure, one of the farms I grew up around has been forced to stop farming and is going for development due to the residents of the estate that what was once his field!

Thats a sign of the times for sure, one of the farms I grew up around has been forced to stop farming and is going for development due to the residents of the estate that what was once his field!

The same for me too, my old man showed me round one of the farms i grew up on which to be honest is now falling down and a wreck and he informed me that a building devolper had bought the plot, no plans issued yet but won't be long i'm sure  :'( :'(

i seen yer sheds in progress but not yer layout ,is there a pic of the whle thing on here deer-est ?

My two shed's under construction are my first two attempts mate. Havn't got a layout but these are the begining of one. I have three of the Britains shed's so almost have a farmyard but I wil not be using those three in my layout. The look too flatpack next to individual pieces.

Unfortunately! it's demolition, a developer has bought this yard and is going to build 140 houses on the yard and surrounding fields. It's a pity, I worked here when I was 18 milking 30 cows.The yard is part of a 700 acre estate, most of it is now under housing or roads, well that's progress. This is one of the reasons that I made a model of it because soon it won't exist.

Thats the sad state of modern farming isn't it. To make money you have to have a good strong crop of houses, spread thick amounts of tarmac to your fields and keep down the amount of weeds like hedges and trees. Planting mobile phone masts or even having a herd of caravans is a good income too.  :(

Thats the sad state of modern farming isn't it. To make money you have to have a good strong crop of houses, spread thick amounts of tarmac to your fields and keep down the amount of weeds like hedges and trees. Planting mobile phone masts or even having a herd of caravans is a good income too. :(

:D :D :D Good one Deerest!  ;D ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Here's two of the latest buildings I'm working on a slatted shed and suckler cow house. I hope to have them finished by the end of the month. I'm working on the gates and slatted areas at the moment, I have to cut out the floors for the slats, it's easier to build with a solid floor.

post-77-132638513293_thumb.jpg

Archived