Castwellan Show Pics, NOT 56K Friendly

noel

Hi Everyone,

I ventured out to the Castwellan Show with my two nephews!

I could not believe how much mud there was, and me in a pair of trainers, not a good combination! Oh im not very good with a camera so excuse some or most of the poor pics ha ha!

There are a few pics to start off that MARKY will like!!!

enjoy

Noel

103_0163.jpg

103_0162.jpg

103_0161.jpg

103_0160.jpg

103_0159.jpg

103_0158.jpg

103_0116.jpg

103_0157.jpg

103_0156.jpg

103_0155.jpg

103_0154.jpg

103_0153.jpg

103_0152.jpg

103_0151.jpg

103_0150.jpg

103_0149.jpg

103_0148.jpg

103_0146.jpg

103_0145.jpg

103_0144.jpg

103_0141.jpg

103_0139.jpg

103_0138.jpg

103_0137.jpg

103_0135.jpg

103_0133.jpg

103_0132.jpg

103_0131.jpg

103_0129.jpg

103_0128.jpg

103_0126.jpg

103_0125.jpg

103_0123.jpg

103_0122.jpg

103_0120.jpg

103_0119.jpg

103_0118.jpg

103_0117.jpg

Some gems there Noel - thanks for posting....

A strange cab on the first 135 as well  :o - anyone know who made that  ???

As for the Case mini digger - What a funky new shape... looks like one of those toilets you see in London on the streets  :D :D :D

As for the mud  :o - I don't think I would have fancied taking my car in there very much  :o :o

Looks like you had a good day though buddy..... well done and thanks once again  ;)

Great pics Noel... I'm definitely putting a 135 on my wishlist for when I make my millions ;D And it's great to see so many sheep at a show. Pity about the mud... but on the other hand, it's nice to see the machinery at work towing the other vehicles out.

That New Holland TM165 driver is taking a risk towing a horse box from a bar on the lift arms. Not recommended by New Holland or the H.S.E. if health and safety had seen it he would have been in trouble for an unsafe operation. You should only tow from the drawbar jaws or hook  :o

Hi Everyone,

I ventured out to the Castwellan Show with my two nephews!

I could not believe how much mud there was, and me in a pair of trainers, not a good combination!

Like, where have you been for the last 4 weeks?  :o        :D :D :D :D

Top job with the pics. Pity there wasn't more blue in them  :D

I thought the front windscreen looked a little square to be a Duncan cab  :-\

Take a look at the top of the cab roof and at the left hand side of the black strip you will see the white rectangular space where the Duncan name will be found. The unusual feature of this model is it's larger glass panels in the lower part of the doors.  ;D

Some lovely pictures there Noel despite the terrible looking conditions. For me the best one has to be the first the Farmall Cub reg UZ 577. I've never seen one with that sort of grill in real lfe. I suspect it must be one of the later American ones since it has the American air cleaner. Front wheel rims look odd though should be all red and not red and silver. Do you happen to know the year of manufacture of this one?

PS What a year for shows. A local show at Echt Aberdeenshire had to be called off on the Saturday morning due to the sodden field which is also used for junior football. Such a shame with all the set up time and cost and no monety coming in.

Some lovely pictures there Noel despite the terrible looking conditions. For me the best one has to be the first the Farmall Cub reg UZ 577. I've never seen one with that sort of grill in real lfe. I suspect it must be one of the later American ones since it has the American air cleaner. Front wheel rims look odd though should be all red and not red and silver. Do you happen to know the year of manufacture of this one?

PS What a year for shows. A local show at Echt Aberdeenshire had to be called off on the Saturday morning due to the sodden field which is also used for junior football. Such a shame with all the set up time and cost and no monety coming in.

Im Sorry BBLQO92, i don't know much about the Farmall  :(

They couldn't call off the show as there were a lot of entrants/exhibitors and would get them all on the phone.

It was a good day though, managed to get in and out before it started to rain again!

Im Sorry BBLQO92, i don't know much about the Farmall  :(

No problem the picture was great.

They couldn't call off the show as there were a lot of entrants/exhibitors and would get them all on the phone.

They had the same problem with our local one. Now the money problems will start i.e. should they refund the entrants entrance fees ??? I would hope not and I would hope the entrants would be willing to accept this since the weather is " an act of god". These small shows needs capital funds to keep them going for future years and generations. This one in particular has been going for 140 odd years!!!

It was a good day though, managed to get in and out before it started to rain again!

I Used to go to a lot of these shows when i was younger, somehow it all fizzled out!

Now that im no longer working on a farm, i miss it, so try and get to a few shows throughout the year!

Though im disappointed at the lack of toy/model tractor stands at these shows! Im sure they would make a few pounds!

Though pitch prices can be a bit excessive!

A local ice-cream man was telling me he did a show last year and they wanted over ?1k for the day for his van! Thats just greedy! in my opinion!

I Used to go to a lot of these shows when i was younger, somehow it all fizzled out!

Now that im no longer working on a farm, i miss it, so try and get to a few shows throughout the year!

Though im disappointed at the lack of toy/model tractor stands at these shows! Im sure they would make a few pounds!

Though pitch prices can be a bit excessive!

A local ice-cream man was telling me he did a show last year and they wanted over ?1k for the day for his van! Thats just greedy! in my opinion!

Yes I've heard pitches can be quite expensive. ? 1k is over the top.... can you image his sales on a rainy day ???