MF 590 debate

JC

We keep coming back to the old subject of what an original mf 590 should look like. We had a discussion about this a long, long time ago before most of you were members and people were more than happy to share their knowledge with the few members that were here.

If I remember correctly there were three things to look for when contemplating buying a MIB model.

The box

The wheels

The rear linkage

Now someone correct me if I am wrong but this is how I seem to remember it, the box should be in french, the linkage I believe should be a metal one and the rear wheels should be slotted out instead of solid.

Does anyone else have a take on this??

that sounds about right, wasnt there an issue with Decals as well?? ???:-\

Yes, but bearing in mind it is quite easy to copy a ?20 note these days, it is well worth the expense of creating a very good copy of a decal!

The french boxes where just ment to go to france

and the genuine "Britains 590s where manufactured in the 595 box"

aswell

It says nothing in the peter baron book on MF and britains models

about french boxes but says 590s and 595s did share the same boxes

until 1980-81

there was never a dual wheeled version anyway

nor was there a MF 590 & shawnee

or cabless MF 590 yard tractor & scrapper  :) :)

both 595 and 590 share model no 9522 so they would have had the same box in this country ;)

post-15-13263862337_thumb.jpg

We keep coming back to the old subject of what an original mf 590 should look like. We had a discussion about this a long, long time ago before most of you were members and people were more than happy to share their knowledge with the few members that were here.

If I remember correctly there were three things to look for when contemplating buying a MIB model.

The box

The wheels

The rear linkage

Now someone correct me if I am wrong but this is how I seem to remember it, the box should be in french, the linkage I believe should be a metal one and the rear wheels should be slotted out instead of solid.

Does anyone else have a take on this??

Its the other way round solid instead of slotted ;)

so how much would a played with & tarted up original 590 be i have an original 590 , but has bee through various changes & is unfortunately not as original as i'd like it to be , matter of fact the only things that havent been touched is the red bonnet casting & decals  :-\ i think it still has the metal linkage as well

Guys I hope these help-I guarantee this is the genuine article a 100% totally original unmolested MF 590-I have had this since 1977 safely tucked away in its little 100% totally original box.If it does not look like this it is not a genuine MF 590-period!!

post-39-132638623712_thumb.jpg

post-39-132638623723_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have a picture off a 590 discription on the box off the mf 595. It is the same box as the 595 the only different is the stikker on the box with a french 590 discription.

Where did you buy it??

• 2 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220135035171

Just thought would add a slightly different element to this debate.This sold last night on ebay,I just wondered after all the debates and appearance of alleged  fakes and copies whether perhaps this had affected values? I seem to recall a certain well known member on here sold a genuine boxed 590 about 2 years ago (?) for in excess of ?400 on ebay.

Could have just been one of those nights on ebay of course but interesting none the less-any thoughts anyone?

Ps Before anyone says anything yes I do have a vested interest-especially Marky!! ;)

• 1 year later...

this a bit random as it's just come up on my unreads ?

but just to add , i'll say again , i think that unless you can honestly say you know the tractors authenticity, any 590 without a box is as good as worthless, decals now are so good you could redecal 595 tractors so easily.