Straw stacks..............

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gav - Some of MGU's bales fit his flat 8 bale grab and others fall out. There appears to be a slight difference in the bale size?

Have you tried yours in the grab?

that happens all the time Kev, you need to rotate the bales round it sometimes helps :-\.....annoying isnt it!, driving across a field with the bales just in the grab! :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They look great Gavvers... well done you... I love the stacks... very realistic indeed - you have become the master of casting on here in a short space of time...

I reckon you need to be smack bang in the middle of the green colours you have made so far.  Is there any way you can make the colour "whispy" if that makes sense when you are casting... to achieve an uneven effect  ???

I am having trouble as the green pigment if used at the right amount is a sort of JD green so mixed a little of that with some yellow on the last ones hence the brighter appearance, its going to be trial and error but getting a consistancy in the mixex may be a problem with it if I have to mix pigments each time :-\

The other thing is hay varies in colour, we have some in the shed that is pale, sun bleached green and some off the old water meadows that is a much darker shade of pastel green

I know my opinion shouldent be heard of in this subject as im colour blind

but i see the hay bales as well dead, all natral grass green has drained

into a silvery-grey-hint of green and a pale green at that

but im colour blind and thats how i see real hay bales dead,silverey grey  :'( :-\ :-[

sorry if im not helping

I know my opinion shouldent be heard of in this subject as im colour blind

but i see the hay bales as well dead, all natral grass green has drained

into a silvery-grey-hint of green and a pale green at that

but im colour blind and thats how i see real hay bales dead,silverey grey  :'( :-\ :-[

sorry if im not helping

You may as well be drunk.....  :D :D :D :D :D

mm tricky  to judge gav,,can you pre mix the pigments before you add it to the resin?? if so does it saty the same colour???? only thing i can think to do, to save all that resin, is mix pigments till it looks about right, i take it they can be mixed by weight???? or is it liquid, as long as you keep a record of how much you have added  you should get to a colour eventually, but personally i would mix blue and yellow rather than try to change the green pigment,