What should I call my model farm?

Deere-est

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoozer me fer pokin me nose in again............North Wiltshire; Is that on stony chalky flinty soil........sort of downland stuff. If so, how about Musket Hill Farm (Flintlock musket) or Bowyers Vale Farm. (As in Bowyers meat products)........from Wiltshire, no less.............Oh well, at least I tried to be helpful and practical...........Wacha fink?  ;):)

Like your thinking Will I am. That's damn clever and nay bad by any means me old son.. .. but it does mean I will have to start paper mache-ing some downland to fall away from the hilltop farm itself!!! Well not really I guess. .. .. Just the sort of lines I am thinking along. Sarsen Farm - such as the stones which make up Stonehenge and Avebury Circle.

Brainwave!!

Had a thought regarding the naming of my layout. Having had the pleasure of working across a fair few acres of Wiltshire I've noticed the number of brown hare we have down our neck of the woods, that's despite reports of dwindling numbers.

So without further ado I hereby name my 1/32 farm diorama. . .

Leveret's Farm

Yeah ???

Brainwave!!

Had a thought regarding the naming of my layout. Having had the pleasure of working across a fair few acres of Wiltshire I've noticed the number of brown hare we have down our neck of the woods, that's despite reports of dwindling numbers.

So without further ado I hereby name my 1/32 farm diorama. . .

Leveret's Farm

Yeah ???

Like it it has a ring to it.

Sorry Sue, note to self. . . Large Print for important bits! Yeah Im always seeing Hare around. Had a leveret in my tractor cab more than once at Potterne too, sadly injured by me when cultivating :'(

Oh that is sad. I have to say I have only seen a leveret in the wild once, with its mother and they were heading for cover.  Hares are now becoming rare - we used to see them regularly but now I seem to find more as road casualties than running in the fields. 

Have you got a hare for Leveret Farm?

No Hare at Leveret's Farm yet I'm afraid no. They are anything but rare on the Marlborough Downs, seen at least one every day this week. Newbury way, Hungerford way and Marlborough of course. Saw two boxing neaq Newbury with another watching!! There are two in the field now near Marlborough!!