tms new loader tractor for now

while tinkering with the 7600 i decided to start another project i had in mind to pair up with her, again no drill so very limited to what i can do, she's based on a ford 6600 i saw the other day, with a tanco loader fitted,loader was ford blue  so this one will be to, and as usual shes sporting an opening door decals are ordered so once i get a drill so i can add cross braces ect to it, i will get back into the pair of them

6600.jpg

6600a.jpg

6600b.jpg

6600c.jpg

and one of them together

thepair.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanco loader brackets are slightly different Sean - have a look at the pics of our 4610 in the Tractors section ;)

post the link mate, i am kind of stuck to this way for the mo, as its gives the best strenght for the loader, and fitting to, doenst have to be a tanco i guess, sure farmhands looked like this from memory

post the link mate, i am kind of stuck to this way for the mo, as its gives the best strenght for the loader, and fitting to, doenst have to be a tanco i guess, sure farmhands looked like this from memory

Horndraulic's are anyway and would look right for the period etc so that might be the best approach ;)

Very smart conversion, does look like the old Steelfab Horndraulic / Ford loader of the 70's early 80's. How did you get the open doors effect on cab ?

with a fine sharpe blade, and care, the resin cabs are very fragile, but actually work best for the doors, just done a new 500 series one to for another on going job,if i remember next time i do one i will take some pics

Horndraulic's are anyway and would look right for the period etc so that might be the best approach ;)

thats was another option mate, saw one on a db the other day, on a lowloader and thought mmm britains were right in the length and shape,

Nice work mate, looks the part  :)

Although...I think the Massey Massive may need to start watching you..it has been a while since you have done any MF conversions, and all we have been seeing are Ford conversions  :o:D :D ;)

Nice work mate, looks the part  :)

Although...I think the Massey Massive may need to start watching you..it has been a while since you have done any MF conversions, and all we have been seeing are Ford conversions  :o:D :D ;)

a while yes, but the latsest are a little more work involved, new 500 with???? and a new front loader 290 as well, along with at least one more 3000 with extras

Sean i go away for a week and i come back to this, i'm ashamed! >:( >:(

good work though! ;D ;D ;D

i know the on going fregys are taking time, hence the small break in the production, helps clear my head a bit, so next time i look i should be able to solve the probs just like that

looking good sean!

qeustion:what are you making of tha MF in the right corner ??? i must say it looks a litlebit of an 100serie ???

ah eagle eyes thats a 240 mate, again on going, making the arches at the mo

guys were the horndraullic/ford loader removable then?? or a perminate fixture, have come up with a way to make it removable whilst keeping the frame on the tractor, but no point if they didnt come of

The Ford version was loader arms removable only. which left the sub frame and tall upright pillars in front of cab the and rams in place after disconecting them from the loader arms. The Steelfab / Horndraulic 680 model was a drive in and came off and only left the two low pillars of the subframe in front of cab which the loader arms and a round the tractor support bracket fitted to when you drove into it and it self latched by spring loaded pins.  It had a spigot and pin fitting system at the front bolster casting which incorporated the grille guard. Hope this helps you

The Ford version was loader arms removable only. which left the sub frame and tall upright pillars in front of cab the and rams in place after disconecting them from the loader arms. The Steelfab / Horndraulic 680 model was a drive in and came off and only left the two low pillars of the subframe in front of cab which the loader arms and a round the tractor support bracket fitted to when you drove into it and it self latched by spring loaded pins.  It had a spigot and pin fitting system at the front bolster casting which incorporated the grille guard. Hope this helps you

right horn whats its name it will be then, will post a pic up of what will be left tommorrow hopefully, see if it looks right to you before i cut the main uprights to fit/work