A little help please-whats it worth?

volvoman

A little advice please guys-I have someone who wants to buy a mint straw boxed Deutz DX110 (1978 original version) off me.It is 100% mint and still has the retaining clip,the box is also virtually mint,without being silly what should I ask?

Any help much appreciated,thanks guys.

Values are very dificult to put on these things. It it always best to start a little on the high side as you can always negotiate and come down, you can never go up.

It may be coming to the time, especially where Britain's stuff is concerned, for someone to collate some average prices made of items and publish a guide. Could be a good idea to open a dedicated topic, call it say, 'Model Prices', to post achieved prices with sub topic for all the brands, Britain's, Siku, UH, Dinky, Corgi etc. We could all also post what we have paid for items as well which would give others a good idea of values even for the new models as prices do vary between dealers/shops/outlets/auction/Ebay.

Does anyone agree?

Thanks FP/ Kentman-at the back of my mind that was roughly the figure I had  thought was the case - as you and Andy have suggested.As powerrabbit says you can always come down and as you both rightly say its what someone is prepared to pay if they really want one.

Thanks for the help guys.

O.K. So if we create a topic on prices I would suggest that the main title topic should be 'Model Prices' and then sub-topics with manufacturer, 'Britain's. Siku. U.H. Corgi. Dinky and so on. Then we can all enter under the manufacturer, the item, catalogue number or model number, price, date and where purchased.

O.K. So if we create a topic on prices I would suggest that the main title topic should be 'Model Prices' and then sub-topics with manufacturer, 'Britain's. Siku. U.H. Corgi. Dinky and so on. Then we can all enter under the manufacturer, the item, catalogue number or model number, price, date and where purchased.

Andy did have something like this planned before, I'm not too sure how far the idea went.........