Ford 7000

JC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, we need a lot of further and more intense "Meetings with Britains" reagrding this one.

Anyway, I might be blamed for beeing not informed, but what is the difference between the now released Ford 7000 and the Ford 7600 announced for November here in Germany? Just another sticker? Or what?

will have the newer sytle grill as well

They made a bit of a ba!!s of that one DP :-\ :-\

your telling me  ::) looks better now it's got the decals put to how they are ment to be, rear wheels removed and dual wheels off a mf 2680 fitted with J.D. 4020 tyres on them and linkage replaced with the older sytle (off a mf 2680) fitted  ;)

What a disappointment :(  I was going to get one, but I think I'll leave it now.  As for their hitches, I bought the David Brown 990 they did a few years ago, and that has an appalling hitch, it couldn't lift up a fleas skirt!  Nice tractor otherwise though

Deerepower

Don't you think that's a bit harsh? Many of Britains latest releases have been superb - look at the high-hp CNH products, the JD 8030T Series, the JD 7930, the JCB Fastrac, the NH T7000 Series combines and foragers, need I go on? These are all great models.

What's the alternative? Siku with their steering pegs stuck up through the roof and basic detail? Universal Hobbies produce some excellent miniatures but, as we've said before, they are COLLECTORS models for adults only. Britains are always going to be a compromise between the two although some of the quality issues that have been raised on this forum are fair enough and not acceptable from any manufacturer.

I'm not sure this anti-Britains vibe is too helpful. As far as I'm concerned they still produce some good models at affordable prices and long may it continue.

R Day

well i cant wait to get the Ford 7000 looks a a good model to me

its been a long time converted from old 5000s etc RC2 are tied up with the link situation they could have done steering but beggers cant be choosers  im smitten with the 5000 and im sure will be with the 6600

and 7000 also 7600 bring it on britains dont stop making the "classics"

oh I resolved the sagging midle on the Ford like sean & deere power said  ;)

but i hear the sagging has been rectified on the 7000  :)

Deerepower

Don't you think that's a bit harsh? Many of Britains latest releases have been superb - look at the high-hp CNH products, the JD 8030T Series, the JD 7930, the JCB Fastrac, the NH T7000 Series combines and foragers, need I go on? These are all great models.

What's the alternative? Siku with their steering pegs stuck up through the roof and basic detail? Universal Hobbies produce some excellent miniatures but, as we've said before, they are COLLECTORS models for adults only. Britains are always going to be a compromise between the two although some of the quality issues that have been raised on this forum are fair enough and not acceptable from any manufacturer.

I'm not sure this anti-Britains vibe is too helpful. As far as I'm concerned they still produce some good models at affordable prices and long may it continue.

R Day

well thats another joke ::)  why should I pay good money and get cr@p and how could britains send out cr@p like that. the only way I would buy another 7000 is by seeing it first. Am I being to harsh....well no I can air my views

Deerepower

Do you not think your comments 'Britains Tractors is dead and buried' were a little over the top considering their popularity with children and MOST collectors (still their main market), plus the fact that they have made some superb models just recently? Surely you cannot deny that the models mentioned in the previous posting (CNH high-hp, NH T7000 and even, for that matter, the JD 4020) have been very good?

To suggest that Britains have had it is just ridiculous. Still, you are entitled to your opinion and I am sure they will continue to thrive without your support.

R Day

mmm.... cnh high-hp very nice if you dont want to fit things to the linkage without altering or replaceing it (like most britains linkage) yes the J.D. 4020 is nice but there again now many have been bought to chop up so the fords have working steering?

Having had britains since I was a boy and seen how they have gone down hill over the years, you can see my point. a good example of another cock up was the MF 3680, why leave the cab on from the 2680?

I personly love britains 70s themed models it was by far the best time for tractors and it will be interesting to see whats next Hopefully the syncromesh DB range or interenasionals.My brother shane pointed out to me the other day something with the 7600 the exaust is in the wrong place!

Is the weight frame on the 7000 removeable?They dont seem to be putting as much effort into the 5000 7000 as the 4020 like the 4020 had steering and a removable front wight frame to.

Still britains were and are great model makers and hopefully will be for generations to come.

Deerepower,

fair comments I suppose. I don't fall into the 'chopping 'em up' category, nor display my model tractors with implements on the back, so your comments don't really apply to me. Everyone has their own opinion, though.

There have indeed many many cock-ups over the years, starting 'in the good old days' with the decision to badge the MF 590 as an MF 595 when it looks nothing like the MF 595. Then, as you say, there was the MF 3680 horror show and a few others besides (including the yellow County 1884 with Super Q roof which never existed). I guess they are consistent!

R Day

Deerepower,

fair comments I suppose. I don't fall into the 'chopping 'em up' category, nor display my model tractors with implements on the back, so your comments don't really apply to me. Everyone has their own opinion, though.

There have indeed many many Willy-ups over the years, starting 'in the good old days' with the decision to badge the MF 590 as an MF 595 when it looks nothing like the MF 595. Then, as you say, there was the MF 3680 horror show and a few others besides (including the yellow County 1884 with Super Q roof which never existed). I guess they are consistent!

R Day

the MF 590-595 thing ummm we will never know why ..I  think

I heard a rumour or read somewhere it was MF who told Britains to

rebadge the "590" onto the "595" or vicer verca

tyres on the wrong way in accurate decals etc these are something

we all sufferd as kids in my time on toys like Britains Volvo BM 6600 MF 595

siku and UH do have the same problems im sure

UH i know from personal expierience (major) have problems 

Nigel - they definitely have the 7000 in the shop in Pride Hill centre (?14.99).

Got a 5000 yesturday from the peoples market in wrexham

umm might go to shrewsbury on monday cheers joe

I wouldent be supprized if they all go in one week or sell out compleatly joe

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=17565.0

i bought one today after looking at 6 at a toy fair because most of them have bent air and exhaust pipes. after getting the best one well so i thought, got it home out the box and the decal on the side you don't see when in the box is missing. not happy THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST BRITAINS TRACTOR I WILL PROBABLY BUY NOW. >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( britains use to be good. :o