Ford 7000

JC

they must surely by now have read comments like these and realise they are loosing there base custome with mistakes like this, kids wont give  a hoot ,but for a so called "collectors" model, ???????

please mr varley if you do read this could you post your explanation ????? we would all love to hear  why britains has gone downhill so desperatly with this range of models after some absoloute cracking models that you have released

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought one today after looking at 6 at a toy fair because most of them have bent air and exhaust pipes. after getting the best one well so i thought, got it home out the box and the decal on the side you don't see when in the box is missing. not happy THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST BRITAINS TRACTOR I WILL PROBABLY BUY NOW. >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( britains use to be good. :o

Who did you buy it from Mark?  Either contact the seller or Britains direct and get a refund or replacement.  Phone the Exeter office and ask for Customer Services.  This is just not good enough. 

After getting my FTF6600 I said I would buy no more Britains tractors however I'm weaking on the latest CaseIH Puma and Maxxum.  Need to see them in the flesh first.

Who did you buy it from Mark?  Either contact the seller or Britains direct and get a refund or replacement.  Phone the Exeter office and ask for Customer Services.  This is just not good enough. 

After getting my FTF6600 I said I would buy no more Britains tractors however I'm weaking on the latest CaseIH Puma and Maxxum.  Need to see them in the flesh first.

i bought it from the girl on the end by the stairs next to karen of farmmodels mate.

i bought it from the girl on the end by the stairs next to karen of farmmodels mate.

Ring Karen, suspect she knows who they are and should be able to get you a contact number.  Failing that contact Stu Vowles the Toyfair organiser, I have his email address if you need it.  The Girl is are also at Westpoint.  I've bought from them there and they are very helpful.  If you can get no where bring the 7000 to Toytrac and I'll take it to Westpoint on October 28 and see what I can do.  Also Try Britains Exeter office.

i bought one today after looking at 6 at a toy fair because most of them have bent air and exhaust pipes. after getting the best one well so i thought, got it home out the box and the decal on the side you don't see when in the box is missing. not happy THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST BRITAINS TRACTOR I WILL PROBABLY BUY NOW. >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( britains use to be good. :o

i know how you feel, i stopped along time ago with the tractors >:( >:(....and slowly with the rest....which is a shame :'(

With regard to the faults on the Ford 7000 or any of the Britain's stuff for that matter, would it not be a good idea to inform the shops and dealers of these faults as well, as they have them in quantity and so many of them carry faults that if they were returned to Britain's en mass perhaps they would tighten up their quality control. We should play our part in informing stockists of the faults so that they could check every one. I wonder how many stockists actually do take time to check models, if we returned every faulty model from where it was purchased, the message would get through I'm sure.

I bought a recent Britain's MF model from a shop that was offering a free Marston (boxed)trailer with the tractor. On opening the tractor box I found that it had the black plastic rear mudguard trim missing so I returned it. I was presented with a replacement, after the member of staff checked this second one, he also gave me another trailer as the offer was still running. Me thinks me had a good deal!

Who  looked at front weights  , wrong shape wafers , they should run straight & level top & bottom across their length   same shape in centre as outsides , Britains have managed to create taller ones in centre tapering up from outsides

Also weight frame sits too far out front of tractor & weights get in way of headlight beam  :o::);D

come on everyone knows that that is a casting techneque

its easier to cast them by tapering the origional shape

just look at the JD 6400 or massey 2680........ they taper

casting technique or not it is wrong wrong wrong they dont taper the rest of the casting    :( :( :(

no one ever moaned before on the david brown 1690 taperd weight

john deere 6400 taperd weight

ertl massey 3050 taperd weight

I could name more but the rest of those models dont tapper

its just the weight's,,

it seems what ever other model has lacked in the past or sufferd from

if the 7000 has any of those qualitys ,then people are bloody quick to

jump on the band wagon and run it down siku have taperd weight's aswell

but i dont see anyone ever "dissing them" its still a cheap model at the end of the day and thats why they can make it and we cant  :-\ sad fact of life

if you dont like it make youre own

• 4 months later...

Saw a new batch of 7000's and 7600's in a model shop today, there didn't appear to be any bent exhausts / pre cleaners on any of them, or any other easily noticable faults :o

Also the 7000's appear to have a revised bonnet decal in a more accurate lighter shade of blue  :)

Saw a new batch of 7000's and 7600's in a model shop today, there didn't appear to be any bent exhausts / pre cleaners on any of them, or any other easily noticable faults :o

Also the 7000's appear to have a revised bonnet decal in a more accurate lighter shade of blue  :)

I noticed this and was going to post, but you beat me to it! Does this mean the first versions are worth more now  ???

The tractors you have seen are the MkII (second run) versions of the Britains Ford 7000 with the correct lighter blue decal on the main bonnet. Not sure about the other quality-related issues, but the second version certainly adds another dimension for collectors.

R Day

Dear Ploughmaster

Some will doubtless see it like that but I am certain Britains would not deliberately bring out a model that had a fault or was incorrect. I think something happened in the translation between the UK and Hong Kong/China. The prototype/pre-tooling version of the Ford 7000 had the lighter blue decals, but the production version arrived with dark blue bonnet decals, much to Britains frustration I would imagine.

R Day

The tractors you have seen are the MkII (second run) versions of the Britains Ford 7000 with the correct lighter blue decal on the main bonnet. Not sure about the other quality-related issues, but the second version certainly adds another dimension for collectors.

R Day

Or are they running short of ink...? ;):)