CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP WITH A DAVID BROWN PROBLEM?

Lady Ferguson

A friend has asked me to ask the greatest Ag Machinery brains of Britain (but I still recommended you lot ;)) if they can help with this query:

Is it possible to free up a siezed PTO clutch on a DB 1200 without taking the tractor apart?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :-*

Doubt it Mandy - DB1410 is the man to ask ;)

I very much doubt it Mandy.... A stuck clutch usually means a take it apart jobbie - the only way would be to "shock" it loose... and thats not good for the transmission elements involved...

It has to be said I know ABSOLUTLY bugger all about DB's mind you - my comments are based on engineering in general  :-\

Hello Mandy

Dont give up yet i think there is a way what you have to do is put a rotavator on it and put it down into the roughest ground you can find and and keep disengaging and engaging the pto clutch for about 30 seconds dont do it any longer that this or u will damage the engines trush washers!

Try this first and if it doesent work tell me there is another way to!

Regards

Mr.Cool (DB1410) ;)

Hello Mandy

Dont give up yet i think there is a way what you have to do is put a rotavator on it and put it down into the roughest ground you can find and and keep disengaging and engaging the pto clutch for about 30 seconds dont do it any longer that this or u will damage the engines trush washers!

Try this first and if it doesent work tell me there is another way to!

Regards

Mr.Cool (DB1410) ;)

SO I guess the rotovator will need to be set up on blocks to allow the rotor to turn as you crank the engine over having put the PTO shaft on with the tractor stopped in order to get it set up on the tractor before you can start this operation? It sounds very feasible as I've freed drive clutches in similar fashion. Can you disengage the pto clutch though, even though the mechanism is seized up,like one can with a drive clutch? You could do it on a dexta/major etc with a 2 stage foot clutch. Good luck, it shouldn't take long to free up if you plan ahead.

The way that I have done it is to back up another tractor to the back of it and connect a PTO shaft from a dungspreader between both tractors and put the D.B. PTO in gear (tractor not running) and put the other tractor PTO in gear and slowly slowly ease up the clutch and let it 'bite', don't ****** it. do this a few times and it will probably do the trick if it aint stuck too much. If that do'nt work you'll have to split the tractor I'm afraid.  Hope this helps.

hmmmmm c**p with a capital 'S', I get it...  ;D

But seriously...thanks for your ideas, I will pass on all the info to the other half...I got a feeling I know what I'll be doing at the weekend!  :P

Louise (Mandy's Bessie mate!)

Oi.... I thought I was Mandy's bessie mate  >:( :'( :'( :'(

It's nice to feel wanted :D

Now to settle this...

Marky is my bessi boy mate, and Louise you're my bessi girl mate....

....does that work ok for you guys?

And I love you both  :-*:-* :-*:-* :-*:-* :-*

That'll do for me Wilson...

Ahh Haaaa Ms DuckforSue....  :P

Oh yeah... Mandy loves me

Oh Yeah.... She loooooooves me  :-*

er.... I mean....  :-[

Yes thank you Mandy... that clears that up then  ;):-[