UH model issues - Report them here

Andy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a general gripe about the 1/50 scale models, i've recently (over the past 12 months or so) added a few to my collection and to be quite fair, the detail is good but they are really flimsy with a lot of plastic used for major parts, if you've owned conrad/nzg construction models and then pick up a UH construction model you will notice a massive difference, the same goes for the trucks.... stick to corgi, tekno and lion toys for trucks and the usual suspects for your construction models if you want something you can handle ;)

• 2 months later...

1:32 scale MF135 steering rubbish as they dont steer in same dirrection, rear wheel and mudguard loose

same as the 35x to fix mark, just tighten the screws up on the 2 steering arms at either end  and the top of the front hubs solves it, dont over tighten as it will rip the thred out

• 5 months later...

New 1:16 Ford 7000.

I may be being a little 'picky' here but the lift arms do not raise quite far enough to bring the pickup-hitch up to its locking position and the check-chains do not have turnbuckles. The exhaust is quite difficult to locate in its 'socket' on the manifold, is very tight although a printed diagram shows which way the 'D' goes, pretty obvious really if you observe that the rain-cap hinge faces rearward on the real one and it seems to be thinner in the middle section than the real one. Biggest fault, if you can call it a fault, is the fitting of the air pre-cleaner, the ''D peg' is very small and locates very shallow which makes it loose when fitted in place and could very easily be broken. Other than these quite minor 'faults', it is in my opinion the best model in the 1:16 range that UH have produced to date. I feel a 'report' coming on!

• 1 month later...

same as the 35x to fix mark, just tighten the screws up on the 2 steering arms at either end  and the top of the front hubs solves it, dont over tighten as it will rip the thred out

thats good to know just bought a 35x yesterday and was wondering about it but the mudguards also stop the rear wheels spinning because where the light are put on hangs down and rubs the wheel

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Mr UH. Please will you put a label either in or on the box of your limited editions showing the number of the model in the run. This will help us not having to tease the model out of its box and unravelling all that fiddely wire to know what number it is. Thankyou in anticipation.