What really PLEASED you?

Today at my folks starting my dad's HP 184 Mountfield mower on the second pull ;D ;D ;D ;D

Earlier in the day he had told me that mower I had given him for his 80th birthday in April this year was a nightmare to start. 

Nearly five months on I thought it strange he had not told me before. I think the old buxxer is either blind or losing the plot....well  he was starting it in the SLOW tortoise position not the choke symbol position :of :of :of ....

Sold one of my many motors today without even trying, my 827 was sitting in the yard whilst awaiting a new home and my boss spotted it and asked about it I said I was going stick it on E bay for £250 buy it now as it has no M.O.T or £300 with M.O.T but its low milage and is quite a rare car being manual gearbox, anyway he said We can have it as another pool car for the site agents to use whilest there vehicles are being repaired he's paying me £300 for it and the workshops paying for the M.O.T so happy days all round and I still get to keep the car almost.

as some may have seen on facebook ???

Got 2 more weeks work!.....and maybe more?

interview this morning, hour later i had it!! ;D ;D ;D

and to make it better, its opposite a 'gentleman's club' ;) ;) ;)::)

only downside, its still in London

And boy oh boy do they all look like soldiers as well... I wouldn't fancy messing with any of that lot  :of  .. what a proud moment it must be for you all.

And... and... I resisted saying something stupid like... "He did well to stand there with that arrow stuck in his thigh bone"  :-[:D :D

Went over the hill to Harrogate to see our son passing into The Yorkshire Regiment....a very proud moment.

Well done that man. So where will 'base' be then Hazel/Damian and for how long? I bet he had a very modest grin when he was told to fall out. Well done again to you all, the support and encouragement is what these men of our nation need.

And boy oh boy do they all look like soldiers as well... I wouldn't fancy messing with any of that lot  :of  .. what a proud moment it must be for you all.

And... and... I resisted saying something stupid like... "He did well to stand there with that arrow stuck in his thigh bone"  :-[:D :D

Well it's got to be said mate - they're ard as nails 'cos they're from Yorkshire....and this lot are only 16 - imagine them in 2 years time after full training.....better watch out Taliban !!!

Well done that man. So where will 'base' be then Hazel/Damian and for how long? I bet he had a very modest grin when he was told to fall out. Well done again to you all, the support and encouragement is what these men of our nation need.

Cheers Tris , you're right there, they do need all the support they can get.

He will be based at Harrogate fro the next 42 weeks, then Catterick for 14 weeks then Cyprus until his regiment go on tour, which will probably be Afganistan if we are still there.

It sounds all very serious but with his new mates and more to meet along the way I'm sure there will be plenty of laughs when the days close for the men. :)

Well as peeved as I am at the moment about work/Toytrac I was just chatting to the stockman at the dairy farm we're harvesting at. His son was with him, 9 or 10 I suppose he'd be.

The little lad has been buying ducks and chickens since March 31st with his pocket money. In that time he has been fattening up the ducks and selling them to the local pub and also built up an egg round in the village to sell his chickens' eggs. Everything is dated in a diary, what he spends, makes and any losses. He now stands at £400 profit. . . . . 9 years old!! I thought that was bloody inspiring from the lad to be honest. :) :) :)

He may be just an apprentice Tris but he could be an Alan Sugar unless he gets fired ;D ;D

Good luck to him is all I can say and well  in my opinion if you work for the money your money should work for you ;) ;)

Start on the firewood tomorrow again for the rest of the winter and until March/April time  :) :)

Three/four days a week nearly every week. Including all next week while the boss is away and for the whole of March while he takes the family to Florida. I love working with this chap  :) :)

Had a phone call a while back from the local JCB rep offering 1 of 8 places for a full day tour of the JCB farm(s) and factory. I have done the factory tour twice,..the last time was 6 years ago, but never the farms.

Anyway,...was gutted at the time cos I knew I had a family committment to fulfill ,so had to decline the offer.

Circumstances changed at the weekend so I phoned him on the off-chance to see if the place had been taken,..............it had........ :( .He said that if anyone cancelled, he would let me know.

Couldnt believe my luck,....he phoned back 10 mins later and said..."will be picking you up at midday tomorrow,...we've had one drop out".......... :of :of

Anyone else on here going................. ??? ???

Must go,....gotta charge me camera up and pack me overnight bag......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Had a phone call a while back from the local JCB rep offering 1 of 8 places for a full day tour of the JCB farm(s) and factory. I have done the factory tour twice,..the last time was 6 years ago, but never the farms.

Anyway,...was gutted at the time cos I knew I had a family committment to fulfill ,so had to decline the offer.

Circumstances changed at the weekend so I phoned him on the off-chance to see if the place had been taken,..............it had........ :( .He said that if anyone cancelled, he would let me know.

Couldnt believe my luck,....he phoned back 10 mins later and said..."will be picking you up at midday tomorrow,...we've had one drop out".......... :of :of

Anyone else on here going................. ??? ???

Must go,....gotta charge me camera up and pack me overnight bag......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have a great time bruv - we will expect a FULL ILLUSTRATED REPORT from you..... where exactly are the farms located? :)