What really PLEASED you?

On 4/24/2020 at 8:13 AM, bluegreen said:

Don't put up rubbish posts suggesting for one second that a New Holland CR10-90 combine might actually be competitive to, or replaced a Claas machine  Andy, or you will have the forums "Green police" coming after you:lol: 

Interestingly I got to speak to Ernest DOEs combine demonstrator back in February who knew all about the "Intellicruise" system on the 10-90 and how it had massively increased the machines output, and substantiated the claim by a local user here in the fens who was harvesting 80 tons of wheat per hour average across the day with spot rates above 100 tons p.hr.  He reckoned the CASE 9250 wasn't far behind either with their version of intellicruise and could well believe the CR10-90 outperformed the Lex 780.  HOWEVER,  he also said he had had the opportunity to drive a pre production Claas 8900 last summer and that once again Claas had succeeded in lifting the performance bar up to a new level.  In wheat it had achieved consistent spot rates in excess of 120 tons per hour!!!!

Mind you, if it doesn't start raining here soon there wont be much tonnage of anything to harvest around the fens:unsure:

Looking at our wheat, to achieve 80 ton an hour, for a 10 hour cutting day you will cover 226 acres:(

• Like 1

People have no idea what we are in the middle of Chris, and I don't care to elaborate or I will be called a bible basher or worse, but lets just say the events over these past few years and increasingly today have convinced me its very real.  A worldwide famine is now a certainty.

Edited by bluegreen
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, bluegreen said:

People have no idea what we are in the middle of Chris, and I don't care to elaborate or I will be called a bible basher or worse, but lets just say the events over these past few years and increasingly today have convinced me its very real.  A worldwide famine is now a certainty.

35 Deg C in Siberia today.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been having a major sort out/count up/double check of what models I have over the last day or two.  Opened a trade case thinking they were 3 x Britains TW15s (as that is what it said on the case) only to find 3 x Britains JD 3650s! Happy Days!

43 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Have been having a major sort out/count up/double check of what models I have over the last day or two.  Opened a trade case thinking they were 3 x Britains TW15s (as that is what it said on the case) only to find 3 x Britains JD 3650s! Happy Days!

Some money sat there! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nearly 3 months since anyone posted in this topic, what a miserable bunch we are 😆

Well, I am pleased today, Cheshire Police have announced that their Police dogs are to be given collar numbers so that they can be protected in law and anyone who injures one can be charged with that offence. One has been given my old collar number, 2011.

https://www.cheshire.police.uk/news/cheshire/news/articles/2021/5/police-dogs-presented-with-collar-numbers-and-warrant-cards/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

• Like 6

That I don’t have to wear a mask to enter most all establishments here anymore. I never could breathe right with one on and still question their effectiveness to help prevent Covid19. 

• Like 1

home now after a week away in suffolk, bit of retail therapy at bicester on the way back,and a bonus after a quick google search ,i managed to avoid the traffic at bristol(1hr +delays) going via a route i found at work, ,hate to be heading north mind, have driven back past a good 50 miles  of either slow or stationary traffic heading north, i joined again at bridgewater and it was all the way back to cullompton like it, and i had missed 30 odd miles to bristol ,which is also like it . long long drive home for some today .

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dusty Dan said:

That I don’t have to wear a mask to enter most all establishments here anymore. I never could breathe right with one on and still question their effectiveness to help prevent Covid19. 

I am with you on that one ,most of the people around here have them on there chin or on top of there head ,and as for the visors cant see the point in them because if a mask is to stop things going in or out whats stopping things coming in or out from around the sides ,visors are mainly used to protect your eyes from objects or splashes of liquid if mixing something up not the air born stuff or am i missing something  

11 hours ago, smithy said:

I am pleased today as since lunch time we have been getting a nice steady rain doing all the crops a power of good also the grass seed i put in for my brother the other day 

left at the perfect time then mate, was still hellish warm when we left mind, crops looked good mind, speaking to peter he recons he should be ok, his wheat especially has some huge height on it so straw yields should be good as well, after seasons low yield ,it  was the first time in a long time  he had to buy some in . 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

following being annoyed  this morn, i am now happy after some negotiations  ,we walked out with a holiday for next year,  heading state side to new york  then up to canada and back , best bit, we have only spent half our cash coming back from the refund , cant do it yet, but i may , just may if the price is right ,be turning left instead of right  on the plane door ,if i can convince the wife