What really PLEASED you?

tris people think that tractor colletors are weird and train spotters are mad but for sale signs/sold board just mean the mad house for you mate  :D :D :D :D :D :D

congratulations to you both  :-*

so whens the house warming party  :P :P :P

But I hate beetroot?! What do you mean? Of course the world is flat!!:-\ :D

Drinking Champagne with Traci in our new house! It's very surreal but amazing to finally been here. Her parents came down to toast it with us and measure up doorways, assess ideas, air thoughts etc. Got a camping gaz lamp and an air bed but that's all we need for now. We won't be moving in properly untill the electrics are done and a bit of cleaning and stuff has been done. A Grade II house will bring it's own work with it I am sure but we're here, we made it and now the fun/work starts!

Drinking Champagne with Traci in our new house! It's very surreal but amazing to finally been here. Her parents came down to toast it with us and measure up doorways, assess ideas, air thoughts etc. Got a camping gaz lamp and an air bed but that's all we need for now. We won't be moving in properly untill the electrics are done and a bit of cleaning and stuff has been done. A Grade II house will bring it's own work with it I am sure but we're here, we made it and now the fun/work starts!

Welcome to your new home - I will raise a glass of red to you both - be happy there!

Can we have some photos please? Grade II sounds very interesting.

Congratulations tris.

Great feeling when you get your first house together.

Grade 2 listed do you need to consult anyone for any changes you are making?

Parents had a house in a preservation area couldnt even change the windows unless they were sash and case that went back in ::)

Grade 2 listed are normally house which have special interest/ ponts.

Cheers Rob. Cup of tea off the Gaz stove now :)

Yeah it's mainly exterior but does include major structural interior. So things like knocking through walls etc need permission but fittings etc we don't. I will be checking up with local planning though.

good on you Tris!!!

Babies next!!!  :D :D :D

Can you put some pics up of the house?

good on ya tris, ,great feeling the first night ain't it mate, still remember my first night i moved in, downed several pints (a lot infact) of stella in the pub with a few matesx , and staggered home with no one to answer to, slept on the living room floor  :D :D :D :D :D :D

getting back on line after 5 days without a computer  :) :) :) :) lots of things to catch up on, so congrats to Tris and Traci and I will get on with some serious reading

Electricity is on at the house! Whacked a load of lights in so we can work in there too.

Also, a guy from across the road popped over and introduced himself. Surrey couple, moved down two years ago to a very run down coach house. Was really interested in our cottage then took me to show me his place. . . . Wow! He is into property renovations as a trade and offered us anything we would like, work, tools, opinion or just a pint up the road when we are around and would like too. :)