Richies farm

richie

Just a couple more photos, one of my dumping spots you will find on most farms for my scrap machinery and the other one, winter's coming and time to start making room for the machinery to be put under cover.

post-59-132638488454_thumb.jpg

post-59-132638488464_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice detail.

what are the lights from (the lamp posts etc.) ??? ??? ???

Yes they are the heads off the posts, The lights are highway lights for 00 scale train sets, The heads look alright on the buildings but the posts are a bit small, But what the hell eh.

Well not much going on the machinery front so time to catch up on some fencing.what do u's think?. Have I got the fence posts to scale or not.? I went by the guy in the door way, I remember when I was fencing the posts were a bit taller than me. Thanks.

post-59-132638489279_thumb.jpg

Only just!

The posts are ok size wise, you can get different sizes of pointed rounds, 1.8m being the most common. you only normally need them longer than that for soft ground or for keeping in deere or goats.

great init ,you pinch about 600 of em ,by the time you get home you're down to 300 & the next day you've got 1 left ? :D :D :D

yeah that sounds about right!!,  :D :D :D :D :D, might pay a visit next wednesday when i'm out near Ikea and stock up!  :D

What did you use for the posts Richie? Dowels? What length and diameter? Must make some for my yard :)

Well no they were not dowels as such, They are kabab sticks, I made them 6cm long but I would try some at 5cm the lads think they are a bit long, (so do I ) and a pencel sharpener.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new delivery for the harvest  today a green marston trailer,It was sent from the uk on Thursday and I recived it today(monday) in Australia, good going or what? Ia'm still waiting two months on for a silage trailer and mower from a J D dealer here in Australia.It cost 11:00 pounds just for the marston trailer so Ia'm just going have to wait to save money.

post-59-132638490565_thumb.jpg

Nice one Richie. Cant believe the postage was so quick, thats axcellent. A nice addition to your yard too. Your farm managers a lazy git though isnt he? All he does is stand in that doorway!!

He used to work for the council apparently!  :D :D :D :D :D :D