Richies 1:87 Farm.

richie

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buildings are looking really good Richie. Can I suggest you touch up the raw edges of the card with either water colour paint or a suitably coloured felt tip pen. It will make them look even better.

A company called Bilteezi make a barn and a farm house similar to the Metcalfe range. Might be worth a look, they don?t have a website but I imagine you could get their stuff from the same place you get your Metcalf items.

Where do you buy them from? I looked on their website but couldn't find out about their farm buildings ???

On there home page look to the left and it will have metcalfe  click on that then 00 scale and then town and country and there they are. Hope that helps you catweazle.

The buildings are looking really good Richie. Can I suggest you touch up the raw edges of the card with either water colour paint or a suitably coloured felt tip pen. It will make them look even better.

A company called Bilteezi make a barn and a farm house similar to the Metcalfe range. Might be worth a look, they donÂ’t have a website but I imagine you could get their stuff from the same place you get your Metcalf items.    Funny you shuold say that when I was looking at the photos I thought I'll have to do somethink about the edges, Will have to raid the daughters felt pen box. Thanks for that bROADOAK.

Found another couple of farm kits in your scale they are B24 Greystones farmhouse and B26 Barn and hayloft. They are card kits and cost around ?5 each. They are made by Superquick, make up the same as  the Metcalfe kits. Well worth a look.

8)

The superquick kits are great little building I had the farmhouse & barn along with the church, platforms and station buildings. My dad made them up for me when I was about 10 and wired them all up with lights.

Spookily Mrs BGU has put some of these kits on the eBay watch list for MGU. How strong are they?

The superquick ones Kev? They are only made of card so not super strong, definitely not designed for play I would have thought. ALthough for the price they could be classed as disposable and they are just constructed using whitelglue.

They are only tiny too so wouldn't be much good for MGU farms or does he have a railway layout too :)

Here is an up date on the farm, Finished the first field, It's going to be the silage field. Just need the forager to get it up and running and the mowers. the other one is going to be the barley field. The brown paint is just an under coat were I've got plaster cloth. I'll keep you's up to date with the next stage.

post-59-132638674454_thumb.jpg

post-59-132638674462_thumb.jpg

Got the next stage finisihed today, The wheat field. The only thing to do was get the combine and I got it today at the Lakeland show. Also got some silage grass but will get back to that bit later this week.

post-59-132638676705_thumb.jpg

post-59-13263867671_thumb.jpg