Richies 1:87 Farm.

richie

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More nice updates Richie

Do the buildings come ready made ??? and do the doors on the sheds move ???

Yes sort of, They come as a flat pack, Each building has greases at each corner and you fold round and glue and then put the strengthening bits of cardboard and windows etc. They are not dead easy but not really hard to do if you know what I mean. The doors do open and close quiet easily.

I can almost hear the murmour of machines moving around, the clunking of machinery and the hollar of voices. it is just such a great layout and like you say with where you live, these buildings really do fit the bill. Smashing stuff  :)8)

Just a few photos of the first train on the new line throw the farm, But typical public transport its broken down just bought train today at toy fair and he said that it goes, Yes it goes only twice round and a smell of burning and stopped.  Also I've managed to make some straw bales and got a muck midding on the go next to the combines needs more work to yet.

post-59-132638688955_thumb.jpg

post-59-13263868896_thumb.jpg

This may be of interest to you folks looking for backgrounds.

As my layout is very small only 38? long and the area I am modelling is flat, I can get away without a back scene. If you are modelling a field for instance then a back scene can really make a difference. They are really for 1/87 scale but might be ok at 1/32.  Have a browse at ID back scenes at www.cheshirerailwaymodellers.com . They  are 5 feet long and 9? high and a pack of 2 that?s 10 feet of back scene is ?12.95 plus ?1.50 post and packing. Have a look at Into Town pack D that is just countryside.

This may be of interest to you folks looking for backgrounds.

As my layout is very small only 38? long and the area I am modelling is flat, I can get away without a back scene. If you are modelling a field for instance then a back scene can really make a difference. They are really for 1/87 scale but might be ok at 1/32.  Have a browse at ID back scenes at www.cheshirerailwaymodellers.com . They  are 5 feet long and 9? high and a pack of 2 that?s 10 feet of back scene is ?12.95 plus ?1.50 post and packing. Have a look at Into Town pack D that is just countryside.

I did the same with Holly Farm to start with (I only painted trees onto the blue sky area recently), and you're quite right... just a plain blue works really well - especially if you have loads of buildings, trees etc in the foreground.

i think its coir door mat, that golden bristle stuff, you can get it in bisd ish bits i have plans to buy some, but its not cheap, i have seen it used on 1/32 models

Yes Tractorman you are right and it isn't cheap. I was lucky mine is an off cut off a job. If you go to my 1/32 farm ratholderen on page 2 of farm models ( new farm Richie ) and straight to page 11 you can see what it looks like against 1/32 stuff. Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Absolutely beautiful layout - those Peco backgrounds look great and it's such a pity they don't come in 1/32 (I have asked the company - they're based in Devon if I remember correctly).

If you mean the buildings Ladyfarmer they are made by Metcalfe and yes its a shame they don't come in 1/32 it would make it alot easier to build the farm layout.

Ha sorry ladyfarmer I should read a bit slower and it might register in this thick head of mine.  I know what you are on about now .The backgrounds are showing there age now Iam thinking of getting them new ones from Cheshire Railway model shop. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there all, Have been away working down south for a few weeks so not much has been done until today that is, Ive managed to get the pond finished today and let the ducks and hens out, I also found some tyres for the top of the pit.

post-59-132638697667_thumb.jpg

post-59-132638697675_thumb.jpg