Loooking good. Sparrow Legs was you cutting the verdges around the burstwick are on thursday ?

dont think so, what tractor was it? i have a jd 3040 with spearhead flail, colin garbutt has a 3050 with bomford, people get us mixed up :D  you take pics of lambarts, do you know ant who drives for them in harvest? me and him and a couple of others are going to welwick for a tractor play about day 2morro ;D (sorry bit off topic)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marcus, it was mostly mechanical, not always big things but they never went was well as the 3000 ones, my dads dropped a valve after 3000hrs and had to have all the head reskimmed etc, it also lost a circlip off internally in the backend and it took a mechanic 4hrs to fish it out with a magnet on a rod so as not to have to strip the whole back end down! others round here had diffs, gearboxes ext.  herd you were chatting to 4c at toytrac ;)

not heard of many engine problems , but i have heard of back end problems , the circlip being one of them , have also heard from a friend that when changeing the pto shaft around there was a lot of clunking heard in the back end, turns out all the pto gearing fell to the bottom of the box !, you guessed it ..... circlip  ::)

4C was one of many i chatted to mike, was good to meet new faces to familiar names , you should have come down , it was a good day  :)

have you re-cast a complete new bonnet for this sean ?

marcus you say about circlip, well today i was rotavating with a 3120 and guess what, the pto shaft fell out :o front circlip still holding the shaft, back one behind the housing missing ::) no were to be seen oil pi**ing out all over and the needel bearing at the back had 5 needels missing, found one of them;) as we stripped it down the 540 cog dropped and we had alot of the back end to strip to get it back in place, we made a new "every mf mechanic needs one service tool" from some round tube to re align it all, back together minus circlip as mf dealer not open this afternoon ::) im afraid to say this is the 4th time this has happened as ive known the tractor from new. to add to the list the forward reverse shuttle is not working, hard to select forward, no datatronic working, no handbreak, steering pump only works at high revs, hydraulics  jump as you go along, front 4wd hubs need repairing, worn trac rod ends and its only done 7800hrs ::)

• 3 weeks later...

well works got quiet now so i am getting home at normal times, so did a bit more tonight, got the bonnet cast made over the weekend, so this ones the first resin one, modifyed ros one made longer and slightly deeper with a extra bit added at the front to make the grill, all moulds in one bit so all i need to do is add the black slats and lights, also finished the chassis of at the weekend, love the pma hitchs, they even have the ball bearings in the ends of the arms

,gone for the pin rear hitch, and also had a re think, so unglued the arms, they are now all fitted with small screws so the do work now, as does the front arms, so a self built implement may be in order soon to put on the beast

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

looking fab mate you'er  getting a dab hand at the casting :P :P

i am??? not 100 % on it but getting there, have a second lower bonnet to cast  to for the 3000 series again ros based, so i will be able to cast the full body work for the smaller 3000's and the bigger 3100'and 3600's  

also got a new 6140 droop nose front laoder nearly done to,

marcus you say about circlip, well today i was rotavating with a 3120 and guess what, the pto shaft fell out :o front circlip still holding the shaft, back one behind the housing missing ::) no were to be seen oil pi**ing out all over and the needel bearing at the back had 5 needels missing, found one of them;) as we stripped it down the 540 cog dropped and we had alot of the back end to strip to get it back in place, we made a new "every mf mechanic needs one service tool" from some round tube to re align it all, back together minus circlip as mf dealer not open this afternoon ::) im afraid to say this is the 4th time this has happened as ive known the tractor from new. to add to the list the forward reverse shuttle is not working, hard to select forward, no datatronic working, no handbreak, steering pump only works at high revs, hydraulics  jump as you go along, front 4wd hubs need repairing, worn trac rod ends and its only done 7800hrs ::)

I see the massy massive chose to ignore this post Mike!  ::):D

The steering pump, bouncing hydraulics and foward and reverse lever hardly not working is the same as a MF 3065 near me.

het multi skilled me amte two one the go at once

;D ;D ;D i am doing six convo's at this moment!

Maybe Sunday i can finish 1or2 off them!

So one step at the time mate!

I where thinking off the time the models take you are building!And i must say you have a lot off patience whit them!

Some times i do night shifts on my models because i want to finish them as soon as posible! :-[

little bit more done tonight, but to cold out there to be honest, all the base body works painted up now, startig from the bonnet back for min, as i need some interior cab shots for info, taken 1 hr to cut and glue all the slats on the front grill, and cut the light holes out ready also got the wheels now for the trailer that will pair up with her for now, hopefully a 10 ton weeks monocoque ,although it may yet end up as a mf 22 not sure(weeks sounds better at min though) added the handels on each side for removing bonnet pannels, and it turns well with the pms rear hitch on to

DSCF0084-1.jpg

DSCF0085-1.jpg

DSCF0087-1.jpg

DSCF0089-1.jpg

DSCF0088-1.jpg