• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I CAN SAY ONLY THIS WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bougth a ROS cab and bonnet in zwolle to make the 3125 on the same chassis as you do!

BUT I THINK I WON'T BE EVEN TO GET THAT SO MAGNIFICENT AS YOURE MODEL!!! :'(

Realy a stunning Model! ;):o :o

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS FINISHED!!!

• 1 month later...

Small point Sean, the rear fender extensions from where the mud guards slope and tail light housings should be black. Had to look at it for ages before I could work that out!

Looks great, keep posting pics.

i know mate aint got round to that bit yet, all the other 3000's have that,

john got a bit more done yesterday, mainly interior cab detail, cab glazing strips ect, wheels are now the right colour ,ie saphire grey not silver as they were ,all being well hopefully i will get more done the weekend

i know mate aint got round to that bit yet, all the other 3000's have that,

john got a bit more done yesterday, mainly interior cab detail, cab glazing strips ect, wheels are now the right colour ,ie saphire grey not silver as they were ,all being well hopefully i will get more done the weekend

Thanks for the info mate ;)

How did you get the cab standing straight on the chassis ???

Because mine is bending over to the front!

i found you have to cut the floorpan out of the origonal so it sits right, then once its right just cover with a fake floor pannel,you may need a small packer peice to sit under that on the front of the chassis where the steering coloum is to,if that makes sence, the floor will i am lucky that i can cast these so if i need another cab floor or bonnet this shape i just make them, have the other type of lower bonnet ready to cast to  mind so i have a choice, same with the 600 series i do, all parts to hand

heres a few updated pics for you

mostly cab and interior work done this after noon, mirrors garb rails bit more paint, and levers ect inside, seat still needs work only temp fixed to get things right

DSCF0076-3.jpg

DSCF0077-3.jpg

DSCF0079-3.jpg

one from the side, the wheel are deff a different shade now although the pic doesnt show it that well,tried with the flash on and off this was the best pic

DSCF0084a.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o

i hope mine is going to look as good as youre's

I already painted the Backrims MFwhite/grey!

and i adjusted the chassis and painted that MF Brown/grey they are drying in the shed!

But did u use the floorpan off the celtis ???(is that what you mean ???)

no its a full  resin copy of the ros one mate,as is the cab, then i cut the middle out between the foot rests back to the seat area so it fits over the chassis, usually just wide enough so it helps with the fit, nice and tight will try and find another one un painted and no floor tommorrow so i can get a pic for you,

Cut the celtis one of and fitted a uh ttv one mate all glazed and body parts fixed today so 95% done now

Thanks for the info mate

I think i have a TTV cab lying around some where :-[

so youre model is almost finished! ???

tanks for the info mate! ;)

I ahve question (again :-[) How did you painted the front wheels Mate ???

Because i tryed to get them off but i have a small problem now! :-[

pop the hubs of the center and then unscrew them, pop the wheels i na bucket of hot water leave for 5 mins and the tyres come of easy, just rehaet the tyres the same way to refit, but not the hubs

• 2 weeks later...

well been doing more on the barn today so while waiting for bits to dry paint wise, finished her of a fair bit today, still a few minor bits of paint work to do, and decals of course,but all the glazing's now done ,hitches all work, so after i finish the trailer in this topic earlier, i have plans for a 3 point mounted 4 leg sub soiler for her, with a set of front weights, and then see how i go from there

DSCF0081-3.jpg

DSCF0082-4.jpg

DSCF0083-4.jpg

DSCF0084-2.jpg

DSCF0085-3.jpg

DSCF0087-3.jpg