Stone Built Building UPDATE !!!

JCB BLOKE

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can?t think of any superlatives that have not already been used to describe your work. I think the buildings are  fantastic. The tree looks superb as well, you?ve done an excellent job on it.

Ditto Peter. . ..  I am dreading the thought of a complete farm layout by this fair fellow, as I am if you ever decided to do one. The building is just . ... .. nup, can't find a word. You must get it outside and do a scenic shot when the weather clears up long enough.

• 1 month later...

Photos of the dry stone wall will be available soon, its a very slow job - nearly four weeks into it so far at about an hour and a half a night, and its only about 12" long.

I do intend to take the project to shows, but only when I have made enough to put on a good display.

As promised earlier..here is the 1st part of the dry stone wall...it is approx 1 foot long, and it has taken about four weeks to do both sides. It was just a bit of a trial run to see how it would work out. The opposite end to the stone gate post has been left ragged back so that it can be walled into the next section. In total the full wall around this first building will be about 4 foot - buts its going to be a long slow job. The stone used is actually layers or beds from perished Yorkshire stone slates that I have got from the site I am now on, which I am just clearing after the demolision has been done.

1st.jpg

2nd.jpg

100_0398.jpg

100_0397.jpg

100_0396.jpg

100_0395.jpg

Well you've sure made yourself an expert at it pretty quickly. Is it fixed down on the board ar does it lift off in one length?

It's just fantastic mate, it has to be the best building set there is out there I think ... and after looking through many Topic on this one site alone there are a fair few it's better than. .. including min of course so I'm going to bugger off now and sob my achy breaky heart out now.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Yes the wall is fixed to plasticard base, and it will be trimmed accordingly at a later date. If you want a close up I can bring the bit of wall to Spalding - just let me know.

I have been watching the progress on your project - its looking really good. Have you got your tiles sorted now.