National Tractor Show... Peterborough 2007 - a few pics - 56k UNfriendly

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem.... I've kind of "self-appointed" myself as the FTF photographer for these shows.. I hope you lot don't mind...

Thing is... I feel a bit of a pr@t when people keep coming up to me and saying... "What magazine do you work for"  :D :D :D - Then I have to explain that I am Marky "All the gear... no idea" Ferguson  :-[:D :D - I do tell them I am on assignment from FTF though  ;):D :D :D

Some nice photos there Marky. There looked to be a well restored Field Marshall (Pom Pom) there but was totally spolit with its silver exhaust. Those Green marshalls should have a green exhaust the same colour as the tractor but I seen black / silver and green ones in various restorations in my time.

Some nice photos there Marky. There looked to be a well restored Field Marshall (Pom Pom) there but was totally spolit with its silver exhaust. Those Green marshalls should have a green exhaust the same colour as the tractor but I seen black / silver and green ones in various restorations in my time.

What a shame.... doesn't that make you cross... all that effort... and it's still wrong...  ::)

What a shame.... doesn't that make you cross... all that effort... and it's still wrong...  ::)

That it does Marky. But on the other hand the owner must have had a reason for doing it and after all it is his tractor. I just tend to be a critical person!!!!

Well according to my friend Peter Anderson the prototypes had silver exhaust (about 9 I seem to remember) so as it was on Robert Crawford's stand it may well have been one of them? He doesn't get things wrong. I found this out when researching the model before I made the kit in our product line.

Some good pics there Marky. I've never been to that show, the Perkins exhibit looked interesting, very apt/local.

Couldn't they afford a shilling for the meter in the large shed?

How big was the model of the Muirhill? tyres looked like those normally found wrapped around an ashtray

According to the catalogue 1/10th, and yes 13 X 28 Firestone so I guess he made the model to fit the tyres as of course they should be 12 X 38 or 14 X 34.

Well according to my friend Peter Anderson the prototypes had silver exhaust (about 9 I seem to remember) so as it was on Robert Crawford's stand it may well have been one of them? He doesn't get things wrong. I found this out when researching the model before I made the kit in our product line.

Thanks Nigel I stand to be corrected and nice to know. FM's are a fairly common tractor in terms of number made so all the ones I've seen have had green exhausts. I will speak to a neighbour of mine who looks after a wide range of Marshall for a wealthy chap and see if he has heard of this.If on Robert Crawford's stand Mr Field Marshall himself well I quess it must be correct. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the old saying is true... you learn something new every day.