standen cyclone beet harvester

most popular choices on the single row machines were DB 885/990 > MF 135 > FORD 3000/4000, i have driven  these except the 990 & 4000  also drove one with a IH 784 unit.

the DBs were the better units as they had more gears MFs were always good for their lugging ability & the fords were ok if you could get them started  in frosty wether

cheers MJB, quite a few still out my way as the some of the farmers still have them around their land. most now i think is harvested by contractor. Not many beet fields though as there used to be :( :(

no i havn't seen the 2 larger growers in my area growing any either as dillington estate usually has a dirty great pile by the sheds by the main road by now1 ,but there is one lifting fodder beet up the road fitted with a c-ih 1394

no i havn't seen the 2 larger growers in my area growing any either as dillington estate usually has a dirty great pile by the sheds by the main road by now1 ,but there is one lifting fodder beet up the road fitted with a c-ih 1394

It would make a nice photo ,ive never seen a case ih powering one  ;)

Whilst im on the subject of photo's i was wondering if any of you had ever seen a knight self propelled sprayer powerd by a david brown 1390 skid unit as a friend of mine said he had seen one

I'm pretty sure I have may of been a Case though we'll try and find pics :)

hows the 1390 coming along ?

just need the resin to do some moulds i might use a diferent cab as it doesnt fit  the ertl body that well so im going for an ertl cast explorer instead as for chassis i might use the 1690 and cut the engine compartment down to 4 cylinder and also cut the back axel off and put a ford 6600 axel bell housing in instead im going to cut the weights off aswell to shorten the body also with the likes of the 6600 back end i can have britains linkage

all i realy need is decals as my printer has given up the ghost ive got the right paint the front wheels might be off a ford 6600 aswell

Do you fancy building one of them too??

well i might if i can see what they used to look like im still playing around ?with the tractor ive got picing it together etc

i will have to see how well the origional comes out first but yes if all goes ok i want to do other thigs with the 1390

won't it be easier just to file the 6600 casting down to make the rest fit ?

well the 1690 chassis has the right tanks either side of the chassis like on the real thing its just the width of the back axel on the 1690 its too wide for my liking