a few conversions

Nice trailers Stephen, looks like some hard work but you've got the job sussed.

Nowadays Robert those crash bars are generally made of ally to save on wieght. They are there more of a visible barrier really. I don't hear of many instances of cars going underneath unless its a result of a bigger collision.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice trailers Stephen, looks like some hard work but you've got the job sussed.

Nowadays Robert those crash bars are generally made of ally to save on wieght. They are there more of a visible barrier really. I don't hear of many instances of cars going underneath unless its a result of a bigger collision.

Crash bars are legal requirement

car goes into side of lorry goes under trailer people trapped or killed

bars prevent this or at least are supposed to

Crash bars are legal requirement

car goes into side of lorry goes under trailer people trapped or killed

bars prevent this or at least are supposed to

Does anyone know when or what sparked this requirement over there? Maybe you guys have smaller cars then here in the states or something but with all the trucks on the roads here I have never seen crash bars on one trailer yet. That is why I was curious as to what they were for exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when or what sparked this requirement over there? Maybe you guys have smaller cars then here in the states or something but with all the trucks on the roads here I have never seen crash bars on one trailer yet. That is why I was curious as to what they were for exactly.

This might be a sweeping generalisation but I think we are more safety conscious over here, at a government or regulatory level anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...