Whats on your workbench???

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

Yes finally! Don't suppose you want a few swaley ewes for a few days do you????;)

Hmm, not tempting Martin, mind, these bloody Texels have driven me demented this year, contrary to what Adam Henson may try to tell you, sheep are NOT intelligent, in fact, some can't even count beyond one! They lamb a pair, but are convinced they only have one little bundle of joy, and no amount of "persuasion" can convince them otherwise:huh::D Next year I'm keeping rabbits, goats, rare breeds and other assorted crap and opening the farm to the public;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Hmm, not tempting Martin, mind, these bloody Texels have driven me demented this year, contrary to what Adam Henson may try to tell you, sheep are NOT intelligent, in fact, some can't even count beyond one! They lamb a pair, but are convinced they only have one little bundle of joy, and no amount of "persuasion" can convince them otherwise:huh::D Next year I'm keeping rabbits, goats, rare breeds and other assorted crap and opening the farm to the public;)

Ah yes, Adam Henson and his oversized toy farm. It must be tough having loads of staff to run around after you while you prance around on telly telling other people how to farm when you're not capable of doing it yourself. The swaleys are no bother really, only the odd shearling that buggers off and leaves her lamb. Id rather be dealing with sheep than the public. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Ah yes, Adam Henson and his oversized toy farm. It must be tough having loads of staff to run around after you while you prance around on telly telling other people how to farm when you're not capable of doing it yourself. The swaleys are no bother really, only the odd shearling that buggers off and leaves her lamb. Id rather be dealing with sheep than the public. 

Good description off Adam Henson ;) was at a show once and he kicked off at a company because they wouldn’t give him free cattle handling equipment....

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Very true Martin, you can't help but feel sorry for him! As for the public, well, I don't mean to sound anti social, but the thought of hoards of townies roaming the place oohing and aahing at the lambs as I slowly boil whilst trying to persuade a shearling that the little bundles she has dropped are indeed her responsibility, and trying to get her brain dead lambs, who are desperate to suck but she won't stand still for, that my holding their heads on the tit is the best way to get a full belly instead of clamping their jaws shut and refusing point blank to suck. Of course, the minute you give in to the fact that no amount of encouragement will change their minds, and walk away from their mother before you explode in a rage, they try desperately to suck again.............and she walks away!!!! My wife often wonders why she married a farmer:D

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, FendtFarmer said:

Good description off Adam Henson ;) was at a show once and he kicked off at a company because they wouldn’t give him free cattle handling equipment....

But he seems so nice on the television ;)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, FendtFarmer said:

Did they not know who he was????:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 844john said:

Very true Martin, you can't help but feel sorry for him! As for the public, well, I don't mean to sound anti social, but the thought of hoards of townies roaming the place oohing and aahing at the lambs as I slowly boil whilst trying to persuade a shearling that the little bundles she has dropped are indeed her responsibility, and trying to get her brain dead lambs, who are desperate to suck but she won't stand still for, that my holding their heads on the tit is the best way to get a full belly instead of clamping their jaws shut and refusing point blank to suck. Of course, the minute you give in to the fact that no amount of encouragement will change their minds, and walk away from their mother before you explode in a rage, they try desperately to suck again.............and she walks away!!!! My wife often wonders why she married a farmer:D

You forgot the ones that steal lambs from another two ewes when they are thinking about giving birth themselves, then once they've had their own decide they don't wan any of them but by then the mothers of the stolen ones won't have theirs back either. Great fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, mb86 said:

You forgot the ones that steal lambs from another two ewes when they are thinking about giving birth themselves, then once they've had their own decide they don't wan any of them but by then the mothers of the stolen ones won't have theirs back either. Great fun.

I think it's called character building Martin.........:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was experimenting with bales this morning with inspiration from James, these were used using ordinary garden string cut into 1cm (or there abouts) lengths and then pulled apart, didn't have a bale chamber machine thingy to compress them so just used walls to test. Came out alright considering, need to add string tho and possibly some glue to hold there shape but not bad for a test. And even better was £2.99 for a couple of hundred meters from B&M so can make plenty. I don't reckon it'll work for big bales but looks fine for conventional.

32980322_1709979032421534_6425769544425406464_n.thumb.jpg.73d7467bd22f08dc602cbbbcb997b89b.jpg

Edited by Anderson Agri
  • Like 4

Turned out well, although it might benefit from a touch of diluted green watercolour paint for hay or yellow for straw, it looks like it has had a few showers of rain on it before it got baled.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mb86 said:

Turned out well, although it might benefit from a touch of diluted green watercolour paint for hay or yellow for straw, it looks like it has had a few showers of rain on it before it got baled.

Will have to have a play around see what i can do, its slightly darker on the picture than in reality tho

• Like 2

On 5/20/2018 at 12:28 PM, SPN said:

Next up are an RS Cosworth Sapphire and Taskers KOBA low loader

20180208_080653.jpg

Stage one of the lowloader mod.

It has (the equivalent of) a 22ft bed, which is a bit big, but the 5C needs all of it. Fine behind a TW, but how will it look behind a 6 cylinder Major?

Next up will be chopping off the triple axle tail and mounting a new 5th wheel on the dolly.

20180524_190959.jpg

• Like 8